V-Twin Forum banner

4801 - 4813 of 4813 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
I HAVE OVER 100 EMAILS TO T MAX TECH SUPPORT GETTING A MAP TO GET THESE MODS TO RUN RIGHT I GOT 49.5 MPG ON A TRIP THE BIKE MAKES OVER 110 HP AND 115 TQ SUPPORT EVAN SET ME UP WITH THE Advanced User Authorization THE BIKE RUNS FINE SUPPORT TOLD ME TO CHANGE THE Compensator Sprocket TO THE SCREAMING EAGLE BUT I USED THE BDL ONE I HAVE NOT HAD THE BIKE DYNO TUNED BUT DID PUT IT ON A DYNO TO SEE WHAT POWER AND TQ IT MADE AT THAT TIME THE TMAX ECM HAD PROBLEMS WITH THE FRONT AFR IT WAS AROUND 19.1 SUPPORT SAID IT WAS USING MORE FUEL THAN A JIMS 131 I BOUGHT A NEW T MAX ECM AND SENT THAT ONE TO SUPPORT THEY PUT A NEW BOARD IN IT AND SENT IT BACK FOR FREE HERE IS A PIC OF ADVANCE USER IS BLUE NOT WHITE

Attachments

·
Registered
424 Posts
........ I BOUGHT A NEW T MAX ECM AND SENT THAT ONE TO SUPPORT THEY PUT A NEW BOARD IN IT AND SENT IT BACK FOR FREE HERE IS A PIC OF ADVANCE USER IS BLUE NOT WHITE
Are you saying that you ended up paying for 2 Tmax ECMs and that they repaired 1 of them for free, but you didn't try to get credit/reimbursement for the 2nd unit you bought? Did you try to return it for a refund?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Yes i bought another one the one that went bad was 5 years old they said they would fix it but i would have to wait about 3 weeks for the to get it fix it and send it back i didnt want to have my bike down that long so i got a new one while the old one was being repaired they didnt have to fix it because it was over 3 years old so i guess i have a spare

·
0043--Licensed to Doof!
4,369 Posts
Installed the TM on a 2003 H-D R.K., everything working fine apart from the auto canceling turn signals. Any advises on how to turn this feature back on?
Thanks, in advance for your help.
Have the same problem on my 2003 Electra Glide Classic. Emailed tech support. The solution is to change the setting under Final Drive Ratio. (Found under Basic Settings.) The default is 87. I've been chasing mine for months now and still haven't found the "sweet spot." The closest I can come to the self canceling working is a setting of 69. If anyone has any better ideas, I'm all ears!

Tech support told me to lower the number from 87 in increments of 2.

I'm wondering in my case if I'm having a hard time finding the setting since I've got 18" wheels front and back and a Baker DD6 tranny. Any body out there with any ideas?

·
Registered
424 Posts
Has anyone run the Bosch O2 sensors with the Thundermax?

Yes, I had to replace a failed O2 sensor and bought a replacement from Amazon.com. It was a lot cheaper than buying from Zippers/Thundermax and it's absolutely identical. The sensor part number is Bosch #17014 -- I understand this is a common sensor used in VW's and you can probably buy them at your local Auto Parts store pretty easily. Cable lengths and connectors are identical to the Thundermax.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yes, I had to replace a failed O2 sensor and bought a replacement from Amazon.com. It was a lot cheaper than buying from Zippers/Thundermax and it's absolutely identical. The sensor part number is Bosch #17014 -- I understand this is a common sensor used in VW's and you can probably buy them at your local Auto Parts store pretty easily. Cable lengths and connectors are identical to the Thundermax.
I just bought 2 sensors, installed and re-mapped. now all I have to do is test ride and burn a couple tanks to get a MPG estimate. I know some of you are gurus when it comes to the TMax, so at one time or another in the near future I might request some help. Would love to fine tune my bike to give me both performance and MPG.

·
Registered
424 Posts
I just bought 2 sensors, installed and re-mapped. now all I have to do is test ride and burn a couple tanks to get a MPG estimate. I know some of you are gurus when it comes to the TMax, so at one time or another in the near future I might request some help. Would love to fine tune my bike to give me both performance and MPG.
If you've got the latest Gen 3 Tmax unit (with wave tune), have your software and firmware up to date (easy to check with your laptop plugged in and a wifi connection to the internet) and a reasonably close map, then the performance and mileage should take care of itself. I've had variable experience withe the mileage. For instance -- I had a Stage 2 Tman 107" Road king build with 10.8CR and Tman 625cam. Ran good and got 40-42mpg consistently. Then I changed it to a Tman Stage 3 with tman 660SM cams and mileage dropped to 35mpg consistently. I also have a Wide Glide with a Stage 3 Tman 107 build and Woods 9F cams at 11.0CR -- it gets 40 to 42mpg consistently. From my experience with the Tmax gen 3 units, it seems that mileage in the 40's with better performance is a reasonable expectation. Would be interesting to hear from others what kind of mileage they are seeing.

·
Super Moderator
19,400 Posts
You can rework the map for fuel mileage. It'll prolly cost you some power to gain economy, but it's not hard to do. I don't worry about it too much, the auto tune keeps me in the 200+ miles per tank range, and that's all my azz is good for.

·
Registered
5 Posts
You can rework the map for fuel mileage. It'll prolly cost you some power to gain economy, but it's not hard to do. I don't worry about it too much, the auto tune keeps me in the 200+ miles per tank range, and that's all my azz is good for.
Finally got to ride the bike in other than to and from work, got 40 MPG. Now, it does have some pinging on it and that's with map 852. I believe the cause is the pipes, I have Bub7, and they happen to be a tad bigger in diameter from the head pipes on down and they have the balancing crossover pipe. I might retry map 851 and see what happens. Went to the Fort Washington Harley dealer on Saturday and Tmax didn't set up again or I would've brought the bike to them.

·
Super Moderator
19,400 Posts
Finally got to ride the bike in other than to and from work, got 40 MPG. Now, it does have some pinging on it and that's with map 852. I believe the cause is the pipes, I have Bub7, and they happen to be a tad bigger in diameter from the head pipes on down and they have the balancing crossover pipe. I might retry map 851 and see what happens. Went to the Fort Washington Harley dealer on Saturday and Tmax didn't set up again or I would've brought the bike to them.
Go in and back some spark out. 2 degrees and test ride.

4801 - 4813 of 4813 Posts