V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sent Zippers my 2003 FXST cases to perform a Timken upgrade (crank bearing grenaded and took out everything except heads and cases). During the course of the shipping I told them the story and they offered a complete rebuild of the bottom end including all new parts and a new take off crank for a substantial discount. This took out a lot of head aches I had about the rebuild since experienced performance shop are hard to find over here.
John Kitzmiller answered all my questions patiently (I changed the scope a few times until I arrived at a 107' case boring and clearancing job of the cam chest) and explained to me several options. The bottom end came back in a very well prepared box in perfect condition. Pricing for the rebuild was very reasonable, only problem for me were the high shipping costs to Europe for heavy items like this.
I recommend their service and will do business again if the opportunity (or the need for that matter....) will arise.

Happy customer in Vienna Austria

·
Knower of Stuff
1,978 Posts
After all of Ozzie's issues, it is great to see sombody handle a customer from across the pond correctly. Glad to hear you are satified. Keep us posted on the motor build and final power ratings.

·
Premium Member
378 Posts
I also had good experience with Zippers. I did their Muscle 95 kit 2 years ago and it's still running strong.

John

1 - 3 of 3 Posts