V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I've made up my mind and I'm going to purchase the Zippers 95" Muscle kit for my carburated Street Glide. Has anyone on this forum installed this kit and if so are you happy with it? The Dyno #'s are very impressive to say the least and I'll be happy if I come close to them(108ftlb and 109hp). All the power is in the usable range between 2000 and 5000rpm. The thing that really impresses me is that they achieve this without the use of a high compression engine. I know they have a great reputation but do you guys think that these #'s are real? View attachment 26839

·
Premium Member
2,067 Posts
Well, I don't see SAE corrected anywhere on the graph so I think the numbers are fudged a bit.

The cost factor is what usually steers people away from doing the zippers and edelbrock kits. If you stick around here a bit and ask questions, you'll find out you can build a motor with all the performance they are advertising at half the cost. Sometimes even less than half.

·
Registered
136 Posts
reg26 said:
I think I've made up my mind and I'm going to purchase the Zippers 95" Muscle kit for my carburated Street Glide. Has anyone on this forum installed this kit and if so are you happy with it? The Dyno #'s are very impressive to say the least and I'll be happy if I come close to them(108ftlb and 109hp). All the power is in the usable range between 2000 and 5000rpm. The thing that really impresses me is that they achieve this without the use of a high compression engine. I know they have a great reputation but do you guys think that these #'s are real? View attachment 26839
I have visited Zippers many times. Good people and generally have what ever you want. Now with that said, they are retail plus 10% (expensive). Also, they have a tendency to show high numbers on their Dyno's.

A friend of mine has one of Zippers 107 kits in his Dyna and it runs great.(very fast) I would not question the quality only the price. They advertise their pistons being within the same weight range of stock 88 pistons so re-balancing is not required (they say).

You will not be unhappy just poorer.

good luck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts