V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Just Like to Ride
2,664 Posts
Hippo, Any suggestions on making it a little easier on the steering head? Maybe replace the straight zerk with 45 or 90 degree one? I find it a little difficult to get grease gun connector(even with flex hose) up in there and not make a mess.

· Just Like to Ride
2,664 Posts
Thanks, thomas_I. I'll slide by NAPA on way home. Hey, I work up in Roswell - GA 400/Holcomb Bridge right behind the Chevron station.

· Just Like to Ride
2,664 Posts
thomas_l said:
I found the one I have on the net: http://www.thetoolwarehouse.net/shop/THE-418.html

I've ordered from this place before and gotten good prices and 3-4 day delivery. The good thing about this one is you don't have to hold it against the fitting - it snaps on leaving both hands free to manage the grease gun.

There's something behind that Chevron? I never really paid attention and pass by there once in a while - assuming you're talking about the one right next to the northbound on ramp. I'm up off of Windward (exit 11) not too far. Coming up from Ellenwood has to be a killer commute! Not that mine is any better... I just don't use the freeways :D
Thanx for info. I'm going to look into that.

Nope, there is another Chevron on other side of 400 near the southbound exit ramp. Right next to a Waffle House(they're even building a new one :D ). Commute through Atlanta isn't all that bad. I just get in one lane and stay there. I don't ride HOV in a.m. because too many fools flying in it. I leave early enough to avoid a lot of traffic. Afternoon is another story since i have to leave at 5(along with 250,000 others in the area).

· Just Like to Ride
2,664 Posts
Bought a pack of zerk fittings at local Auto Zone for $2.94. It came with 2 45 degrees, 2 90 degrees and 4 straight fittings. Put 45 degree on and greased steering. Hey, it only took about half tube of grease. :eek:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.