V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got the grease gun out and found the steering head, shifter and brake zerk fittings. While I am making a mess I don't want to miss any. Are there any more?

Frank
'00 FLHRI
'o2 FLHTCUI

·
Just Like to Ride
3,242 Posts
Hippo, Any suggestions on making it a little easier on the steering head? Maybe replace the straight zerk with 45 or 90 degree one? I find it a little difficult to get grease gun connector(even with flex hose) up in there and not make a mess.

·
Just bad
698 Posts
Unome said:
Hippo, Any suggestions on making it a little easier on the steering head? Maybe replace the straight zerk with 45 or 90 degree one? I find it a little difficult to get grease gun connector(even with flex hose) up in there and not make a mess.
I have an adapter that is mainly used for cars that have no clearance between the wheel and lower ball joints. It slides onto the zerk sideways and then has one of its own (on the back) for the grease gun. I got mine off a tool truck but I suppose a NAPA or decent auto parts store would carry them.

·
Just Like to Ride
3,242 Posts
Thanks, thomas_I. I'll slide by NAPA on way home. Hey, I work up in Roswell - GA 400/Holcomb Bridge right behind the Chevron station.

·
Just bad
698 Posts
I found the one I have on the net: http://www.thetoolwarehouse.net/shop/THE-418.html

I've ordered from this place before and gotten good prices and 3-4 day delivery. The good thing about this one is you don't have to hold it against the fitting - it snaps on leaving both hands free to manage the grease gun.

There's something behind that Chevron? I never really paid attention and pass by there once in a while - assuming you're talking about the one right next to the northbound on ramp. I'm up off of Windward (exit 11) not too far. Coming up from Ellenwood has to be a killer commute! Not that mine is any better... I just don't use the freeways :D

·
Just Like to Ride
3,242 Posts
thomas_l said:
I found the one I have on the net: http://www.thetoolwarehouse.net/shop/THE-418.html

I've ordered from this place before and gotten good prices and 3-4 day delivery. The good thing about this one is you don't have to hold it against the fitting - it snaps on leaving both hands free to manage the grease gun.

There's something behind that Chevron? I never really paid attention and pass by there once in a while - assuming you're talking about the one right next to the northbound on ramp. I'm up off of Windward (exit 11) not too far. Coming up from Ellenwood has to be a killer commute! Not that mine is any better... I just don't use the freeways :D
Thanx for info. I'm going to look into that.

Nope, there is another Chevron on other side of 400 near the southbound exit ramp. Right next to a Waffle House(they're even building a new one :D ). Commute through Atlanta isn't all that bad. I just get in one lane and stay there. I don't ride HOV in a.m. because too many fools flying in it. I leave early enough to avoid a lot of traffic. Afternoon is another story since i have to leave at 5(along with 250,000 others in the area).

·
Just Like to Ride
3,242 Posts
Bought a pack of zerk fittings at local Auto Zone for $2.94. It came with 2 45 degrees, 2 90 degrees and 4 straight fittings. Put 45 degree on and greased steering. Hey, it only took about half tube of grease. :eek:

·
Just bad
698 Posts
Hmmm.... now I'm gonna have to quit being lazy and get my grease gun loaded. I got sidetracked with the left side seals project and have kept putting off finding or picking up a new grease gun :eek:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts