V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just watched this old video and noticed it's a customized FXR that Bruce Willis takes after the pawn shop incident.

FatBob tank, dash & rear fender.
Air cleaners mounted on both sides of motor. Left appears to be coil/horn cover.
Tach mounted near headlight on left side of handlebars.
Unknown height apehangers.

Whose motorcycle is this?"
"It's a chopper, baby."
"Whose chopper is this?"
"Zed's."
"Who's Zed?"
"Zed's dead, baby, Zed's dead."

BTW-I know it isn't an f'ing "chopper".
Send your complaints to Tarantino, not me.
I didn't write the script.:)

·
Ghetto Blaster
3,768 Posts
cool photo

Ka-Ka said:
I just watched this old video and noticed it's a customized FXR that Bruce Willis takes after the pawn shop incident.

FatBob tank, dash & rear fender.
Air cleaners mounted on both sides of motor. Left appears to be coil/horn cover.
Tach mounted near headlight on left side of handlebars.
Unknown height apehangers.

BTW-I know it isn't an f'ing "chopper".
Send your complaints to Tarantino, not me.
I didn't write the script.:)
That may not be a "chopper" as in West Coast Choppers or OCC style, but I'd bet to many people...It IS a chopper. Looks like one to me, anyway. I'm gonna have to watch that flick again soon...

·
Here We Go, Steelers
64 Posts
It looks chopped to me. Or maybe the triple trees have an extreme rake.

·
90 FXRS LOWRIDER
553 Posts
looks like a couple inces or so in the down to me. definitely been raked. and definitely fxr

·
90 FXRS LOWRIDER
553 Posts
uhhh, shakedown, if i am not mistaken, someone's takin it up the rear before this seen. uh, are you....like, into that sorta thing? :blink:
cause we aren't!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Looking for the FONT used in "GRACE"

Hi all bikers,

Want to paint my fuel tank as ZED'S chopper. need to know which font is used for "GRACE"

Any Ideas?

Thanks, Assaf

·
The Best Me I Can Be
22,871 Posts
I don't know the font. but I'd guess that 'freehand' would cover it.

joe

·
Registered
4,308 Posts
He means that no actual font was used; the "artist" just drew the lettering from memory, with no template or guide. Using no guide, template, or such is called "freehand."

·
Registered
4,235 Posts
Assaf - you could also probably try and find a better pic of the tank and then bring it to a copy shop. Enlarge it to spec, than it can be traced out onto a low tack vinyl paint mask, which could then be applied to the tank, airbrushed, and then removed. That's the way I would do it - be easier than it sounds even...

That also could have been hand-painted on like the sign-painters used to do too, which would be the 'freehand' technique as described above.

·
Premium Member
747 Posts
I'm gonna get Medieval on Your Arse!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Basically thats what I'm trying to do. I'm getting a HD copy of the movie, then capturing a high resolution snapshot of the motorcycle and hoping to continue as you described

Thanks a lot

Assaf

·
The Best Me I Can Be
22,871 Posts
Basically thats what I'm trying to do. I'm getting a HD copy of the movie, then capturing a high resolution snapshot of the motorcycle and hoping to continue as you described

Thanks a lot

Assaf

Good lock with it. Post some pictures when you're done.

joe

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Ok,

Couple things I feel need to be pointed out in this thread...

- OCC and West Coast Choppers should NEVER be compared, or even spoken in the same sentence.
OCC is the most worthless bunch on no talent, hiring everything out (like welds and engine assy.) gay-ass "theme" bike building douchebag que*rs to ever discrace the name chopper that there ever was.

Jesse James (the bikes that he builds himself) are incredible works of art. Hand fabbed, meticulously crafted rides.
The pinacle of the term "chopper" where everything in hand built/assembled.
He's a top notch craftsman and a damn nice guy too. I've met him.

- Some choppers DO have saddle bags actually.

Mickey Rourke's mega badas* FXR in Harley and the Marlboro Man did.

- Israli dude... Before painting your bike like Zed's you may want to watch that movie to confirm what you are going along with.
Ol' Zed was a crazy sodomizing ***, and even worse, a cop.
Not to mention what he did to that poor FXR.

I dunno, maybe that sorta thing's cool in Israel. But sure not the kind of vibe I'm looking to put on my scooter.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello RIPSASS

Be sure I have pulp fiction like a 100 times. surly u don't get the twist. I'm not doing this for Zed. Im doing it for Butch who helped Marcelos getting mid eval on Zed's ass and then took his bike. Im doing it so every time somebody asks me:" whos motorcycle is it?" i'll tell'em "its not a motorcycle its a chopper" and then they'll ask "whos chopper is it" and I'll them "Zed's" and then they'll ask "Whos Zed?" and I'll look them in the Eye and say "Zed's dead baby, Zed's dead"

1 - 20 of 39 Posts