V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's in the mid-40's, gray, and lightly raining and you still hop on it to make the work commute fun. Now it sits outside my window wet and all I want to do get on and ride. I can't wait till the first real trip of the season, Daytona .... soon!~!Awesome!

·
Registered
250 Posts
Yesterday, it was 9 degrees when I got up. Checked the weather and it was forecast to warm up into the 40s. Roads dry. I went riding:)

·
Just Like to Ride
3,242 Posts
Sprung said:
It's in the mid-40's, gray, and lightly raining and you still hop on it to make the work commute fun. Now it sits outside my window wet and all I want to do get on and ride.
Same here yesterday. It poured down after I got to work. Watched the weather online and when there was a break in weather, I left early to get home before it started again.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Me too. It was 23 deg. when I left for work, so I didn't take the risk of riding and hitting a patch of ice. But I left work early and rode in 42 deg. on dry roads.

Daytona - Yes!:fingers crossed

·
03 FLHTCUI
375 Posts
Tuesday was sunny and 20 degrees. Drove up to Fort Wayne (IN) for coffee and talk with the guys that built the Trike. Bought a magazine and turned around and came home (320 mile day). Leaving for Daytona the 3rd if the ice has chipped off my helmet.

Ride Safe.
Walt

·
Retired USN
61 Posts
If it's 40 in the morning I'll give it a shot, below that, it's 55 minutes to work and even with the heated gloves, you end up hating the ride and talking to yourself about what an idiot you are.

·
Who, me?
434 Posts
Naw Bay, you just gotta get off the bike now and then and push your hands and arse right on the cooling fins - it'll get your mind off the cold faster then you think!

I wussed out last night. It was muddy at the end of the road and I didn't want to get the bike all dirty - I am kicking my own ass now cause looking at the weather it was my best chance for the next 10 days.

·
0043--Licensed to Doof!
4,369 Posts
Got caught in a snow squall yesterday on the way home. Not the first time either. Now I gotta clean the pig!

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
Geezer-Glide said:
Got caught in a snow squall yesterday on the way home. Not the first time either. Now I gotta clean the pig!
Just wait until it rains and go for another ride :yes:

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Riding in blowing snow flurries is enjoyable if there's none on the road and no ice and you've got enough gear. I like the dry stuff that just flys over and around you and doesn't stick to the visor or glasses. Is that what you rode in the other day going to the bike show Wyo?:coffee:

·
Premium Member
290 Posts
bay13 said:
If it's 40 in the morning I'll give it a shot, below that, it's 55 minutes to work and even with the heated gloves, you end up hating the ride and talking to yourself about what an idiot you are.
I acquired some extreme cold-weather gloves. My heated grips are not needed with these gloves. Never get cold hands. But there is a down-side. They are motorcycle gloves yet it is clumsy to brake/shift/turn signals. On a long ride out in the open it is not a big deal. But in-town riding that requires regular maneuvers with the hands is not all that fun - but I am warm!

Dry roads and early am temp 25 and higher will find me out on the road!

:Banadance

·
Registered
248 Posts
weather

I've ridden the last three days here in Taxachusetts...not bad, 40's and the roads are pretty clean.
Did use the fullface for warmth however.

...its just the sand I'm wary of, and the salt that keeps me away, not so much the temp.

ace57
'05 FXDL "molly"
...yeah I do like carburetors...

·
Premium Member
7,089 Posts
Was out last night. Around 35 degrees I think. Rode around for about an hour, maybe a little more.

One thing I gotta find is some good thin gloves. Bought some at the local Gander Mountain that were advertised as "The Last Pair of Gloves You'll Ever Buy". Supposed to have a windbreaker layer and some other layers of NASA developed stuff in there. After about 20 minutes my index fingers start getting numb.

I'm guessing they are the last gloves you'll ever buy because if you get stuck out in serious cold with them you won't have fingers to put gloves on.

·
EASY DOES IT
8,914 Posts
You know you love your bike when: the bike has a seperate bank account and the OL doesn't, the amount you spend for X-mas depends on how much you wanna save for your own/bike presents...

Rode this winter when it was about 25 for the high
Rode to Carlisle Pa in a downpour so bad I had to look down for the white line but it was a warm rain!!!
Did a X-mas parade last year, it was 13 when I left the house...(we got caught in the snow)

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Rode my Road King to work Monday (80 & sunny), and my American IronHorse today (82 and sunny). Can't wait for warm weather to get here!:cheers:

·
The Alter Ego
5,580 Posts
Maduro Man_wcp said:
since getting Baby on mothers day, there has been less than 2 weeks total that I haven't rode her...rain freeze or fog, I ride her....
How in the heck do you ride on ice? Come on..tell me. I can take it!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts