V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see the York Factory is having an open house this weekend (Sept 26-28th).

Anybody ever done this event in the past?

I'm thinking about riding up on Saturday.

Only 100 miles, might be fun.

regards,

wyo

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Wife is heading out of town or I would join ya, but I gotta watch the little guy this weekend :(

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
Oh well, too late I guess. A few of us are going in about 1 hour and staying over the night. Sorry didn't see this sooner. (I played hookie on Friday, didn't want to play with the crazies in DC on Friday)
Brian

·
Registered
176 Posts
I was in Harrisburg on Friday for my job and while heading home
on the Pa Pike I passed tons of Hawgs heading east in a crappy
rain storm.But, those folks were hunkered down and headin ouit anyway.
I call that true loyalty.
Ride Safe
masher

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I rode up to York yesterday. Took a round-about way getting there (MD97 to PA 194 to PA116 with ends at US30 a few miles west of York). I just followed the other bikes into a large parking area. There was lots of vendors set up and there was a HD Memorial Hall (1/2 motorclothes, 1/2 motorcrap, pins, stickers, raffles, etc).
Outside they were doing HD demo rides. Walked around for an hour or so before I found out that in order to do the factory tour, you had to go to a different location and take a bus to the factory. By the time I figured it out, it was almost too late.

Since I took my sweet time getting there, I figured I'd just catch I-83 south and pick up I-695 to skirt around Baltimore, then I-95 south. So far so good, 75 mph all the way and not too many cagers:D

On I-95 MDOT decided to hold a clusterfuck and merged 4 lanes into 2.
Can you say "Lane Splitting?"
I knew that you could:D

There were some truly evil f*ckers that tried to cut me off:mad: :mad: :mad:

Anyway, finally hit I-495 round the beltway and jumped off in Alexandria.

All in all, 225 miles of fun in the (sometimes) sun.

wyo

·
Registered
176 Posts
Wyo:
Glad U made it home safe as we all know about the evil cagers! I swear
some of those humps have little motorcycle stickers that they paste
to their dashboards honoring how many bikes they've gotten!!
I would have liked to been in York as I 'm really wanting to do the
demo ride thing. Before spending big bucks ,I want to know what I'm getting.
On a side note: My Vietnam Veterans of America chapter held a "Run to the
Wall in Beaver, Pa and around 1700 bikes showed by. The Harleys
made the thunder and all those folks showed some real class by their
actions and I'm proud to say that if we have that kind of attitute across
this US of A then we'll be ok.
I for one am not ashamed to say "God Bless the USA"
Ride Safe
Masher

·
Registered
384 Posts
I made the run out on Thursday on my 79 E-Glide and came back Sunday. Wet ride for sure! Was getting real tired of the cagers and wheelers getting their kicks on seeing how bad they could spray me when passing.The old beast was good to me though. Spent the first night in the tent and that was about as much fun as a prostrate exam! Guess I'm getting too freak'in old as I started searching for a room for the next two nights. Got lucky and snagged one for Friday and Saturday due to a canceled one. If your're ever going to go you have to plan early!!!

Saturday was a great day and the only one that had the demo rides except for an hour or so on Thursday I'm told before the rain hit out there. I got there early about 7:30 am and you have to wait in line to register. After that you get in the line for the particular kind of scoot you want to ride. The run was like six miles and when you come back you just jump back in line for the next one.

I've been there twice (York) now and It is a good place to try out a scoot before buying.

Mister Breeze

1 - 7 of 7 Posts