V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Other than what's going on at the factory for this years open house. Does anyone know what else might be happening in and around the area?

·
EASY DOES IT
8,914 Posts
joetat said:
Other than what's going on at the factory for this years open house. Does anyone know what else might be happening in and around the area?
Early last year the factory (HD) had an add online stating that there was nothing going on at the fairgrounds...sad to say it was a lie but it ruined the whole fairgrounds event...after that bit of trickery I won't go back!!!

·
EASY DOES IT
8,914 Posts
RKdanny said:
Sunday is the PA championship hill climbs in Jefferson, just beside york.
Now that I'd consider going to but I've already made plans to ride down to Petersburg Va, for the AHRDA race on Sat-Sun...it would be too long a ride back from York at night down deer alley too...

·
Registered
8 Posts
joetat said:
Just found this:

2007 YORK OPEN HOUSE
September 27, 28, 29

All activities will take place at the
Harley-Davidson Vehicle Operations Plant
1425 Eden Road, York, PA

Details to follow

Please Note:
NO Company Or Dealer Sponsored Activities
will be at the York Fairgrounds this year.​
Link

- and -

Demo Rides at York Open House
Thursday, September 27 - Saturday, September 29, 2007

Demo rides give you the chance to test ride any number of Buell or Harley-Davidson motorcycles. Rides are free. Participants must bring a valid motorcycle license, wear long pants and a full-face helmet, and sign a release form.

All dates, locations, times and activities are subject to change. Check back here often for the latest information.

Demos.

York, PA USA
at: Link

I might head over there tomorrow.

There is nothing going on at the York Fairgrounds or the York Expo Center.

·
Registered
142 Posts
That ad that Harley had posted last year regarding the fairgrounds events actually said that there were no DEALER or FACTORY sponsored events at the fairgrounds. We asked a couple of the factory guys who were running the demo lines last year if there was anything at the fairgrounds and they readily told us that there was a bunch of vendors setup over there. We rode over only to find the fairgrounds were charging a crazy fee just to get in and look around. I think that is why the ad was placed...they didn't want associated with that.

·
Registered
8 Posts
2002fatboy said:
That ad that Harley had posted last year regarding the fairgrounds events actually said that there were no DEALER or FACTORY sponsored events at the fairgrounds. We asked a couple of the factory guys who were running the demo lines last year if there was anything at the fairgrounds and they readily told us that there was a bunch of vendors setup over there. We rode over only to find the fairgrounds were charging a crazy fee just to get in and look around. I think that is why the ad was placed...they didn't want associated with that.
I went last Friday, and it seemed like it really lost something without the vendors. They gave the event character or something. I did not enjoy it as much as in other years.

·
EASY DOES IT
8,914 Posts
RPOZ51 said:
I went last Friday, and it seemed like it really lost something without the vendors. They gave the event character or something. I did not enjoy it as much as in other years.
Early last year the MoCo had an ad up that plainly stated that the only vendors/events were happening at the factory, there would be no event at the fairgrounds...it was up for about 2 months, they then changed it to read there would be no Harley participation at the fairgrounds...according to the vendors that did attend the damage was already done and few signed up for the fairgrounds. In past years it's was really hoppin' at the fairgrounds and we lined up for the "parade" through town there in the hundreds...several thousand would line the streets in town (Friday night?) after hitting the fairgrounds...so yes Harley fu(ked up a good event!!!

Several members here saw that ad...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts