V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hippo I hope you see this.While surfing the site,and thinking about my exhaust options,I have this idea.I realize after reading different posts,asking questions and becoming a general pain in the ass that you can not justify putting true duals on a bagger.Performance wise and cash wise it doesn't work.But I did read about welding a washer inside a exhaust pipe to force more exhaust out the left side.Is this a feasable option or is it along the same lines as the regular "true duals"?If it is a option,how large should the washer/washer hole be?Or am I just asking for problems.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Just posted it somewhere else.
You weld a freeze plug into the Y pipe plugging the gases going to the left. All the exhaust now comes out the right side just like a 2 into 1 while retaining the stock look.
You grind off the protrusion the Y pipe weld has from the factory.

The size of the hole you drill into the freeze plug varies from bike to bike and canister to canister, and may not even need one, start small. Most of the time it will be smaller then 5/8"
Usually you need a dyno to tell the difference.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Hippo, if i follow you, you 1st completely block the crossover pipe with a freeze plug (i.e. soft metal plug in the block on most engines)). Then you maybe drill a hole in center of the plug to let some exhaust pass? Do you actually use a freeze plug? Is the dealer likely to thinks I'm nuts if I suggest this while they install the stage 2 kit? Didn't realize a frezze plug could be welded, thought they were held in an engine block with some kind of sealant?

Why don't true duals work on a bagger?

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Hippo, ignore the question on trual duals, am reading the other posts, thx, greg

1 - 4 of 4 Posts