V-Twin Forum banner

Yet another new guy

1K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  Kevin 
#1 ·
Cool place you all got here.
This is my first post.Just wanted to say hello to everyone.
Here's a pic of my 99 Fat Boy.

See less See more
#3 ·
hdkeno said:
Nice ride Kevin,Im riding a 02 red and ice FatBoy,where in western Mass do you live,Im in Northern CT. Ken
Well, it's a small world.
I'm about twenty minutes away.Westfield.
Still riding to work everyday,although the nights are getting colder,as you know.
Red and Ice is a nice color match. Are those 02's all fuel injected now? Or is there still an option?
Thanks for the reply,friend.

#5 ·
Re: Snow?

pasadenajim said:
Kevin,

Is that SNOW behind your bike? Damn, you're hard core!!! Good for you. ;) Fode for about 100 miles today, but So Cal weather is so mild in comparison to most of the Country, we can't appreciate the efforts our fellow riders go to just to take a ride.
Yup Jim,that's snow.I ride this thing as much as I can year round.I only work six miles from home,so I can get away with it in the winter as long as the road surface itself stays dry. Just cover up the face,and wear leather.Some people think it's crazy,but it 's about the same as riding a snowmobile if you ask me.
Must be nice living in So Cal and being able to ride all the time.
I've been out there before.Nice climate.
We've been fairly lucky so far up here.It's supposed to be mild for the next few days anyhow.
Well,glad to hear you were able to get in 100 miles.
Pleasure to meet you.

#6 ·
Welcome Kevin,

Glad to see another Harly RIDER here! The hello is from Houston Texas where the weather has allowed me 38k + on my Pearl Bronze Y2KFLHRCI.

Yo Pasedena! I came up in the hills of Whittier. My folks had a home up in Rose Hils with a great view of the basin. I never "FODE" Ca, but I RODE it some and it is great! LOL!

I was out in Victorville a few weeks back and did some camping with my brother and cousins. Wished now I'd a put it off for a week so I could have caught the meteor showers in the desert night. Had to be awsome!

Y'all keep Ridin, and let the "Bell" protect your path.

#8 ·
Re: Re: Snow?

Kevin said:

Yup Jim,that's snow.I ride this thing as much as I can year round.I only work six miles from home,so I can get away with it in the winter as long as the road surface itself stays dry. Just cover up the face,and wear leather.Some people think it's crazy,but it 's about the same as riding a snowmobile if you ask me.
Must be nice living in So Cal and being able to ride all the time.
I've been out there before.Nice climate.
We've been fairly lucky so far up here.It's supposed to be mild for the next few days anyhow.
Well,glad to hear you were able to get in 100 miles.
Pleasure to meet you.
One of the great pleasures about riding a Harley is the GREAT folks you meet. (No H/D commercial intended. It's just true!) Recently, we sold a couple bikes for Lisa, my girlfriend, to guys who own Harleys. One lives in Wyoming and one lives in No Cal, about 500 miles away. Both are now FRIENDS. I feel like if I'm in there part of the Country, I could drop in and say hi or have a beer. That's a very nice feeling. :) Glad to meet ya', too. Hope we can meet on the rode. Or at an event. Ride safe.

#9 ·
Re: Re: Re: Snow?

pasadenajim said:

One of the great pleasures about riding a Harley is the GREAT folks you meet. (No H/D commercial intended. It's just true!) Recently, we sold a couple bikes for Lisa, my girlfriend, to guys who own Harleys. One lives in Wyoming and one lives in No Cal, about 500 miles away. Both are now FRIENDS. I feel like if I'm in there part of the Country, I could drop in and say hi or have a beer. That's a very nice feeling. :) Glad to meet ya', too. Hope we can meet on the rode. Or at an event. Ride safe.
Yep.Met some great people since I started riding again a few years ago.
The internet makes the worls a smaller place.You can always drop in here too,as long as you don't shoot the place up.:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.