V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everybody,

Just found out about this site. In May 2002 I got my first Harley. A '98 XL1200S. I love it! Dual Plug Heads, 10:1 CR, S&S Super E. Quick!! Previous ride was a POS '79 Honda CMA 400. A bit of a difference.

Rode the sporty from Kansas City to Sturgis and back. Had a great time. Saw some beautiful country and met some really good people. 2600 miles total and the only trouble was when the battery cable vibrated loose. Loctite, Loctite, Loctite! :) Oh yeah and riding 60 miles back to camp from Wall in the pouring rain at midnite was no picnic.

Looking forward to many years and miles in the saddle.

Mike

·
Registered
584 Posts
Welcome to the forum, travellinmike. Good to have you on the forum. Check in and look around. Don't be afraid to ask questions. Lots of good, helpful people here. Enjoy that sportie. J.T.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Welcome travellinmike,

Sounds like you are already considered an iron butt, glad to hear you had a good ride, with only one minor issue.

I have to admit I haven't done anything like a 2600 mile ride yet, so I have to hand it to you. Maybe I can save my leave up and take off. I am somewhat considering riding to Bike Week next year; don't know just thinking about it. I didn't have my bike at that time last year. But I heard it's a real blast.

Welcome look forward to reading your post on your travels.

Dave.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the welcome. I'm glad I rode so much this summer (with a few months of good weather left). Found out we are expecting a baby in the spring. Probably limited miles next year. I'll have to ride like hell while I can.

Mike

·
Registered
903 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on the baby. Get off the computer and on the bike while you still have time!!!

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Welcome to the forum,travellinmike!

Congratulations on both fronts.

Ride it like it's stolen!!

Enjoy the forum.
guido

·
Registered
584 Posts
Congradulations on the addition to the family! J.T.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everybody,

I will definitely enjoy the little one when he/she arrives.

I will certainly ride as much as possible until that day arrives. I'm sure I'll still get to ride a little. I'll just have to be creative. Hmm I wonder how many cans of Infamil will fit in my saddlebags.

And hopefully I'll be able to enjoy the forum for some time into the future. Haven't posted much yet. still researching big bore kits and fat tanks for sportsters. Once I decide what exactly I want to do I'm sure I'll have a ton of questions. Hotrodded a few cars in my day but this is my first time wrenching on a bike. Lots to learn

It'll be a shame if the MoCo shuts down the site or takes it over. Seems like a great site for knowledge sharing.

Mike

1 - 9 of 9 Posts