V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well hello to everyone.

I've gotta say this forum is great! I've been looking for something like this for a long time. Lots of information and everyone is friendly. Thanks to all who have put up with my "newbie" posts and questions.

Like many out there, I saddled up for the first time on a Honda 75cc dirt bike when I was about 14. Looking back, I was lucky to learn the basics on dirt, mud and grass without having to look out for everyone else on the road. I remember riding with my brother, jumping rocks in a field, wondering why anyone would ever want to ride a "street only" bike.

Flash forward 25 years. (Ow, that kinda hurts.) Riding my '01 Dyna down a stretch of new blacktop I can't imagine me and my knees ever jumping rocks again.

Through high school I had a series of dirt bikes, eventually graduating to a Yamaha 400 street bike when I was 18, and then a full-fledged crotch rocket when I was 21. I've been riding on and off ever since. Few years ago I bought a '91 883, and about 30 minutes into the ride knew I'd have to trade up. Took me four years to do it, but I picked up my '01 Low Rider last April. Almost twenty five years after twisting my first throttle I found the right one. You all know exactly what I mean.

Thanks for your time, thanks for the forum, and most of all thanks for your patience. Look forward to "talking" to you all, and maybe even waving as we pass. Have fun (hell, that's what it's all about anyway) and be safe.

VT

·
Registered
544 Posts
Welcome to the board, the Dyna is one of my favorites, very nice bike. Enjoy and if you have any questions this is the place I have found everyone to be very helpful and knowledgeable, and in general a good place to hang out. Enjoy your bike and ride safe.

Don't know if you have taken the Basic Riders Training course but it's a great course if you have been away from riding for any length of time, it really does help and emphasis the types of things you never thought about and maybe teaches a few better habits. Anyway I got a lot out of it myself, plus a 10% break on insurance, which never hurts and $50 HOG bucks reimbursement, so I ended up making a little by taking it.

Welcome to the board,

Dave

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dave-
Thanks, that's good advice. The Dyna handles really well, but it's still pretty heavy. I'm looking into the course.
VT

·
Registered
176 Posts
WECOME

VTHOR
Welcome to the "BEST" forum I've ever been in.Great people here for sure!!
Ride Safe
Masher:cool:

·
Registered
584 Posts
I second everyone's reply to this thread. Welcome to the forum! There are some great people here. Share with us and you'll recieve the same. Best forum I've ever logged onto. I'm here almost every day! Ride safe, J.T.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts