V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been riding on and off for nearly 30 years. Got a 2003 Road King Classic coming in 3 weeks. Had a Honda Shadow ACE 1100. Was a great bike but I am ready to move up to one f the ultimate road bikes ever. I like a beer or two once in a while but not much of a partier. The wife and I love to travel in our RV and to ride motorcycles so we combine the two and take our bike with us when we head out in the motorhome. Yeah we trailer but we put a lot of miles on the cycle too. I do not believe that riding a metric bike makes anyone any lesser of a rider or person and don't put up with bike bashing. Like to just get along with all types of people and their bikes.

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
Haven't seen the sun in three weeks,,,,,,
If ya can do one better that that
ENJOY the best of both worlds! :D
Welcome.

·
Premium Member
3,694 Posts
Welcome to the H/D Forum, kellyb.

Lots of riders here started on metric bikes. Some still ride metrics. IMHO, it's important that you ride, not what you ride.

Do you have one of those "lifts" on your RV or do you actually pull a trailer behind the RV?

·
THE STURGIS QUEEN
2,920 Posts
hey there kelly b. saw where you posted a question on the sturgis segment, but i was unable to help ya out with the answer. i don't know much about that camp ground. BUT, with my being local, will definately try to help you out with the other things when ya need it. welcome to the board........have fun here:p

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
pasadenajim said:
Welcome to the H/D Forum, kellyb.

Do you have one of those "lifts" on your RV or do you actually pull a trailer behind the RV?
We have an enclosed trailer. That way we can pack a bunch of other stuff that is so neccessary when "camping." You know, the satellite dish, gas grill, smoke torches, reclining lawn chairs, etc., etc. :D

·
Registered
544 Posts
Welcome kellyb,

Yes all those things you can't leave home without. That is my idea of camping out if I can't get a hot shower then why go and I don't do tents. Again welcome to the board, let us know of some of the good places you have been. I want to go to Glacier National Park that looks fantastic and even better on a bike.

Dave

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Its here!!!

I just got back from picking up my 2003 Road King Classic silver and black 100th edition! It is sooooo booootiful! Okay I have been away from the garage for more than ten minutes now so I have to go look at it again ......:D

·
Road Captain
6,628 Posts
:D If you're back from the g'rage - this little message;

Looking good kellyb

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Hi kellyb... welcome to the forum... nice looking bike!! lot's of great folks here...caN LEARN ALOT AND HAVE SOME FUN TO!! I know how excited you are..cause I just took delivery of a 03 heritage softail classic... 3 days ago...LIKE YOU I GO AND CHECK HER OUT AT LEAST A FEW TIMES AN HOUR!!! AND START IT UP TO HEAR THOSE PIPES RUMBLE!! Now wipe that smile off your face... before it breaks!! happy riding

1 - 9 of 9 Posts