V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Half Fast Rider
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

I am considering sattelite radio for the Ultra Pro and cons to XM and Sirius.
I have sampled both and seem to like Sirius channels lineup.Any feedback would be great!

Thanks Glen

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
I have Xm(Roadie 2) in my work truck, Xm(Roadie 2) in our car, Xm (Skyfi) in my workshop and listen to Xm online at work and at home.

You could double the price and I would not give them up!!

I listen to Nascar 144, classic rock 46, Hip hop 66 and sample a few others at times.

When I get an Ultra, it will have factory XM guaranteed!

Just think...no commercials!!!!!!

Brad

·
0043--Licensed to Doof!
4,369 Posts
Same thing, different. XM has baseball, Sirus has football. XM has Opie and Anthony, Sirus will have Stern. In 2007 Sirus will have Nascar. Same price, same stuff. Your choice. I have XM and hope Santa will be bringing the MyFi, which is the Walkman style XM. You don't need to have it run thru your car radio, it's a stand alone. I don't know if Sirus has one yet or not.

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
I have the XM Roadie 2, and I installed the antena under the faring on the radio housing, I ran the wires through the fairing and mounted the Roadie 2 right on the inner fairing. It looks good, and I did not have to buy an extra mount. Personally (that being the key word) I like XM radio (I love the Monsters in the Mornings on 152)

·
I paid.........did you??
2,301 Posts
I just bought a Sirius Starmate Replay that I'm going to use in my Truck and on my Ultra Classic.

I went with Sirius for the better programming (imho)......Stern, NFL, NBA, NHL, Nascar(2007), and Martha Stewart........LOL.

They are about the same, it all comes down to what you want in programming.

Steve

·
05 Ultra
21 Posts
I've got both XM and Sirius. I've had both for about a year now and wanted to compare them. Aside from sports programming, I prefer the music on Sirius rather than XM. More mainstream IMHO. Getting ready to cancel my subscription to XM.

I have the Starmate Replay mounted on my 05 Ultra and it works like a champ.

·
I paid.........did you??
2,301 Posts
Wolf Pack.......................how do you have the Starmate Replay mounted on your '05 Ultra?

I'm thinking about getting the fairing pouch, and putting the radio in there, the antenna on the cover, and run a power wire into the pouch. That way it's out of sight, out of the weather, and I can quickly detach it and put it in my truck.

Steve

·
Registered
977 Posts
I've had an older model Sirius unit on my 02 Ultra since mid 02. Never had a problem with it, always good music with no commercials and very little DJ talking, usually just promos for other channels.

Had XM from the factory in a new car, did not care for it as much as the Sirius. XM did have commercials then (don't know if they still do), and XM DJ's seem to be real 'chatty'. When I traded that car off, I installed another Sirius on the replacement, as well as my pickup, Jeep, and my son's pickup.

Taking a long trip on the bike does not have to mean being out of touch with what's happening in the world. MSN news, CNN, BBC and other news channels help to pass a lot of open highway time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts