V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My derby cover screws stripped so I was able to remove 1 with an easy out but on the second one it broke on me. Now I am having trouble removing the screw with the broken easy out in it. Any suggestions or tips would help.

·
Registered
9,558 Posts
A reversible drill,, and some left hand bits would spin it right out... now, with an easy out broken off in one,,,,,,
Sporties have 5 screws holding the derby cover on,,, put some heat on the screw heads, as a locking compound is on the screws..take all the screws out, remove the cover, there should be enough protrusion the use vice grips and back it out...

Easy outs are the last resort,,, not the first choice. Good luck

·
Premium Member
1,542 Posts
Tape up around the area, get some good glasses and use a Dremel Tool {cut off wheel}

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
A reversible drill,, and some left hand bits would spin it right out... now, with an easy out broken off in one,,,,,,
Sporties have 5 screws holding the derby cover on,,, put some heat on the screw heads, as a locking compound is on the screws..take all the screws out, remove the cover, there should be enough protrusion the use vice grips and back it out...

The screw head was stripped as in the torque head was rounded and I had no choice to take the screw out. I tried a few things first to get the screw out. I ran out of ideas so I use the early

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

I can't get the cover off. The screw head is stripped or rounded. Bits won't bite

1 - 12 of 12 Posts