V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently own a older S1 and am looking at getting a XB9R, does anyone have a exhaust sound clip or know what one sounds like. Is it similer to the older buell sound.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Out of the factory, it is fairly quiet. When fired up it has a great sounding idle, like the 1200 does. Up at the hire RPM's it sounds more like a Duc V-twin, but that is with the stock exhaust. A friend rides one one and plans to buy the V&H pipes as soon as they are released.

All sound aside, it is a tough bike. Our bikes won't even touch one of those. If you are even considering a new bike, it is a serious contender.

If you have a decent Buell dealer within reasonable distance, check it out. It is a sweet bike.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mine sounds awesome. Nice rumble at idle and like a Ducati up at rpm's. I'm gonna try the Race Kit next.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Just got a bolt.. Race kit installed.. Cannot test it yet, as I'm breakin' it in,
but it sounds awesome. Night and day difference. But I did ride a demo bike with the kit and one without.. The kit IS noticable on the performance end for sure. nickp.

·
Registered
629 Posts
We will have to compare the sound of an opned up 1200 to the opened up 1000 soon :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
I went to a dealer and listened to one with the Buell race pipe and it is louder than a sporster w/ pipes and definately louder than the new TC88Bs.

As far as HOW it sounds. When it idles, it sounds like a Sportster, but when you rev it up it sounds a more like a performance motor. No fwap-fwap.

Hope this makes sense.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts