V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a tip for those that remove their own wheels and take them to the local dealer for tires. If your getting Wide White Walls inform the dealer ask them to leave the blue coating on the tire and you will clean the tire when you get home and mount the wheels. The reason fr this (which I forgot to do) is that when ever I mount the wheels back on the bike is that I make a mess of the WWW. I have a small spot on mine from antiseize that I can't seem to clean up. If I had asked for the tire not to be cleaned I could have avoided this. Oh Well next time I'll remember. I think.

·
Registered
3,992 Posts
Try scrubbing it with a SOS pad. Used them on whitewalls and lettering for years, never had anything I couldn't take off with one.

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
cwo2lt said:
Try scrubbing it with a SOS pad. Used them on whitewalls and lettering for years, never had anything I couldn't take off with one.
Yep, that's all I have used on my WWW since new. On the third rear tire and original front. They both have the same whiteness.

Did you mount the wheel or the dealer (to the bike)? If the dealer mounted the wheel to the bike and they got anti-seeze on the WWW and it won't come off, make them put a new one on. I don't clean my tires until I have them back on the bike because I always get grease on them.

·
2005 Road King Classic
2,649 Posts
jadedogr said:
Just a tip for those that remove their own wheels and take them to the local dealer for tires. If your getting Wide White Walls inform the dealer ask them to leave the blue coating on the tire and you will clean the tire when you get home and mount the wheels. The reason fr this (which I forgot to do) is that when ever I mount the wheels back on the bike is that I make a mess of the WWW. I have a small spot on mine from antiseize that I can't seem to clean up. If I had asked for the tire not to be cleaned I could have avoided this. Oh Well next time I'll remember. I think.
Check an auto parts store for the Mr. Clean erasers. They have worked really well at getting stains out of my white walls. I also just heard this weekend that Wonder Bread made into a ball (just the white part get rid of the crust) works really good at removing marks from walls.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I us the bleech white tire cleaner. The only problem is that after the first few cleanings the blue bleeds out from the tire bead.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
cwo2lt said:
Same here. A SOS pad will remove anything on the white wall.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts