V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Vagrant
3,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw in last year's H-D catalog they had a radical paint set for FLSTF (I think) that had old 1940's looking WWII bomber-type graphics and riveted sheet metal looking panels on it. Grey and green, maybe a checker flag part too. Does anyone have any detail on this paint set (name, PN#, buddy who has it, pictures, links) or does anyone know of a custom painter doing these kind of bomber type custom jobs?

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
If your refering to the 2005 accessory catalog, I still have mine and the Bomber II exotic paint set listed in it is for V-Rods. States only 50 sets -available Dec 2004.

Part # 95700-05BSO
Price $4,499.95

·
Vagrant
3,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
road_king said:
If your refering to the 2005 accessory catalog, I still have mine and the Bomber II exotic paint set listed in it is for V-Rods. States only 50 sets -available Dec 2004.

Part # 95700-05BSO
Price $4,499.95
That's it, thanks! With the name "Bomber II" I was able to Google up the cached version of last year's H-D online catalog. Yeah, V-Rod only. But cool. I would like to find a custom paint shop that could do this look for me maybe combined with something like the WWII bomber nose art ladies.

·
Premium Member
426 Posts
Hmmm, I think I'll see if my father still has any pictures of the B 25 he flew in the Pacific during the last year of the war. Copying the nose art from his aircraft would be rather cool. Let us know if you find somebody who can do it.

·
We're still here ya know
689 Posts
HD-LUX:

There is a guy over in Charlottesville that specializes in aviation nose art. His name is Gary Velasco. I have a couple of framed pieces of his nose art hanging in my basement. He does great work, but I don't know if he could do the tins off of a scoot. Give him a call and ask, what the heck, he's a good guy. His website is www.fightingcolors.com pretty cool stuff there.

·
Vagrant
3,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
billymac said:
... His website is www.fightingcolors.com pretty cool stuff there.
I bumped into that site last night Googling around for some ideas. He's got some amazing work. I really like the P51-type tiger teeth or one of the many reclining ladies. Maybe even a few rows of kilt bugs.

·
Vagrant
3,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Osh said:
'course, I don't know if I can attach pix not being a " orange " member.
Orange, green, blue, makes me no never mind. Anyway, your attachment not only works, it is freegin' awesome! It's perfect. Other pics of the fenders? Where did you find it? Who makes it? Need the deets!!!

·
Vagrant
3,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Man, that is perefct. The dude be talented! I am going to get a quote for something similar, something like that but with Lady Lux on it. All 3 tins. I'll let you know how much it is. I love the Fuel Here markings.

·
Premium Member
1,401 Posts
Those are AWESOME!!! Would love to have something like that on my FB...being retired AF and all...just afraid I couldn't afford it :D

Scott

·
Vagrant
3,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I am in the UK this week and saw this "bomber" bike at Thames Valley Harley in Maidenhead. Here are a few pictures ...

·
Delinquent
1,780 Posts
HD-LUX said:
I am in the UK this week and saw this "bomber" bike at Thames Valley Harley in Maidenhead. Here are a few pictures ...

Man you got it rough with that job of yours.:laugh:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts