V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Make me use my bullet?
12,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How the hell do I get this fukin site to quit asking me if I want "push notifications"? ...besides just not visiting the site any more.

·
The Best Me I Can Be
22,428 Posts
Someone on another site told me, yesterday, that it's as simple as just clicking 'no'. I haven't tested that yet.

joe

·
Super Moderator
19,745 Posts
Should be a little box that pops up in the lower right. Something along the lines of "New updates" or something like that. Open it and that should end the asking abut the push stuff.

·
Make me use my bullet?
12,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Someone on another site told me, yesterday, that it's as simple as just clicking 'no'. I haven't tested that yet.

joe
There isn't a "no" option. I keep picking "not now" so it just disappears for about 30 seconds and comes back. "How about now?...now?...now?...now?...you sure?...how about now?...now?...now?

·
Make me use my bullet?
12,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Should be a little box that pops up in the lower right. Something along the lines of "New updates" or something like that. Open it and that should end the asking abut the push stuff.
I did click on that one, which just showed me all the new admin features (like that really needs to be a public roll-out for the 2 site admins). All that did was make the "new updates" box stop jumping out, but I know it will come back next week when there are more "new updates". Already been through that one a couple times.

·
Premium Member
4,485 Posts
There isn't a "no" option. I keep picking "not now" so it just disappears for about 30 seconds and comes back. "How about now?...now?...now?...now?...you sure?...how about now?...now?...now?
Kinda like local politicians reintroducing a failed tax increase

·
Make me use my bullet?
12,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK, well this seems (for the moment) to be the fix for me. When that little bastard popped out the top of the window I clicked on "enable push notifications", then when my browser asked me to allow this site to send me notifications I clicked "block". Then I went to my account settings to verify that all the push crap was still unchecked and it shows there that push notifications are disabled.

So far, so good.

·
Super Moderator
19,745 Posts
I did click on that one, which just showed me all the new admin features (like that really needs to be a public roll-out for the 2 site admins). All that did was make the "new updates" box stop jumping out, but I know it will come back next week when there are more "new updates". Already been through that one a couple times.
They don't give us a heads up on this stuff, or any schooling. Seo we just puke it with a stick and see what happens. I clicked on the box, out of curiosity and scrolled through. That seemed to kill the push pop-up. But for all I know, they might have been set to pop a limited number of times.

But its not as bad as the "offence notifications" from the old forum. Phone chiming at 3dark30 in the morning because someone sent a infraction complaint. Usually over being Butt-Hurt.

·
Administrator
1,338 Posts
Hello,

The community offers push notifications if your browser's permissions allow it. You may see a popup in the community allowing you to enable these permissions for the site.

You can also enable/disable push notifications by clicking on your avatar near the upper right-hand corner of the site and selecting “Account Settings” from the drop-down menu.

You will now see left side navigation. Select “Preferences”.

Scroll down to Push Notifications to set your preferences.

Enabling push notifications will enable them for this device only. If you log out of this device, you will need to re-enable push notifications.

-Gerrit

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
I use to have 'tarheel' on the bottom for my signature. Now I get sent to Tapatalk from my &[email protected] motorala thingamabob. I can play with it if I am feeling good.

Sent from the mighty Mingo of the Argon Galaxy viewing CO for a decent weed farm in which to land the fleet for the Last Alien Standing rally.

·
Administrator
1,338 Posts
The tapatalk add-on would be a setting to change in the app's setting, but signatures can now be included on it's own too.

Your signature can include up to 4 lines, a maximum of 1000 characters and one link. An image counts as a line. Anytime you hit "enter" on your keyboard, it will automatically go to a new line. Images will automatically be resized to 300 x 200 pixels. You can see more options in your settings to collapse signatures, always view full signature, or to not see signatures at all. The choice is yours.

Both guests and members can view signatures.

If a user has their preferences set to the default they will see collapsed signatures as in the example below for them. (They can click to see more.)

If a user has their preferences set to always show expanded signatures it will look like the example below for them. Your image can be clicked to view full size.

If you want to adjust your preferences for signatures you can click on your avatar near the upper right-hand corner of the site and select account settings.

In the left side navigation, you will see an option for preferences. Click it.

Scroll down to content options and select your signature preferences.

-Gerrit

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
Sometimes I go to web view to see pictures which I don't like to do, because it is full of ads. How can this be? I want a refund or maybe a 50% discount premium membership.

Sent

·
Administrator
1,338 Posts
Hey there,

Can I see a screenshot of this? If it is an ad I can try to work to get it removed, if it is something on our end I can see how I can ammend it for you.

-Gerrit

1 - 20 of 26 Posts