V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New or used. Must interface with '2002 carb'd TC 88 diagnostics / port and laptop. All leads appreciated.
Thanks,
V1

·
Registered
729 Posts
Does such a thing exist?

I was working on my wife's car today and thought, "Gee it would be nice if there was a way of getting the OBD II to scan my bike."

Your setup would work as well. Please PM if you get a lead on some.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Cable for Carb'd SERT box

I pulled my hair out on this for awhile, went through a couple of dead end purchases of linking connectors , too. Your having a different ignition, it may not work, but then it might.
I have an SE Race Tuner igniton for CV Carb bikes on my 05 EGC. It is called, and I use it, a "BELKIN USB Serial Adapter" works with the SERT perfectly. Belkin part #F5U109 $30. good luck

sj

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I pulled up DTT's LLC "Accessory" website and read the pdf about the TC88A cable interface. Claims that the cable / interface only works with 2003-2006 F.I. and carb. with the 12 pin connector? I have the 2 plug, 12 pin style connectors under the seat, carb'd and have the HD OEM diagnostic port. Is the diagnostic port the problem? If this is accurate, that means my particular module can't be fine tuned with a laptop?

I'm confused..., maybe dumb, but I'm just repeating what I read...

V1

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
DLRVelocity1 said:
I pulled up DTT's LLC "Accessory" website and read the pdf about the TC88A cable interface. Claims that the cable / interface only works with 2003-2006 F.I. and carb. with the 12 pin connector? I have the 2 plug, 12 pin style connectors under the seat, carb'd and have the HD OEM diagnostic port. Is the diagnostic port the problem? If this is accurate, that means my particular module can't be fine tuned with a laptop?

I'm confused..., maybe dumb, but I'm just repeating what I read...

V1
Call Chris at DTT he has always been helpful when I have called.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks. I may end up doing just that. Hoping to come up with a cable and do some fine tuning with 100 octane gas. I like the idea of the laptop refinement and fine tuning of the module timing curves are capable of to wring every last bit of power out of the set up I'm running.

Thanks again.

V1

1 - 6 of 6 Posts