V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think the v & h quiet baffles, for example are wrapped with, I'm guessing, some type of fiber glass material. Can you wrap the regular baffles? If so, what do you use?

·
Road Captain
6,628 Posts
...if the baffles are removal, then yes you can wrap them. You can do a google search for baffle wrap or go to any of the shops that sell off-road bikes and buy it. I have used the product made by Moose and sold at most Yamaha shops.

·
0043--Licensed to Doof!
4,369 Posts
My local carries the V&H wrap, gets it thru Drag. Cut to length, wrap. I run a couple of wraps of stainless wire around it, makes it last a little longer.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies. Does the wrap do anything other than quiet things down? That is, any more power, or a lower sound?

·
Premium Member
947 Posts
It usually deepens the sound..a little

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
I picked up some from a local metric dealer today. It's made by MSR about 7 bucks for a package. I'll wrap my V&H Ovals tonight and let you know how it works. Looking to quite it down just a little.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I use pipe wrap on my baffels (Wild Pigs) seems to work well and can get it at just about any hardware store for about 3 bucks. Has a little smell for a day or two...but goes away.:xhere:

·
I'm gonna powder his nose
537 Posts
FatDave said:
I picked up some from a local metric dealer today. It's made by MSR about 7 bucks for a package. I'll wrap my V&H Ovals tonight and let you know how it works. Looking to quite it down just a little.

HAhahaha Metric Dealer.....theres a bit of that in ALL bikes these days...

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
ohiomotoxer said:
HAhahaha Metric Dealer.....theres a bit of that in ALL bikes these days...

Yes I'm aware of that. He sells 3 diffrent brands so just pick one and we'll call it that.

The packing was a pain in the azz. MSR stuff isn't the best. I'm already starting to blow some of it out the back of the mufflers. At this point I'm ready to just put the stock ones back on and forget it. V&H Ovals are nice mufflers but just a little too loud for me. The noise get's real old on a long road trip.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts