V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
... just answer the question?

I don't imagine that I will be doing business with Boogie Lights.

If you wish to follow the thread, please go to bottom. The images I provided were info only. I didn't ask for a solution. :huh: ^rolleyez^

Thanks Christine,
You never did provide me with the information I requested. I was willing, based on that info, to determine if your lights would work.
My time is worth money, as is yours. You've wasted mine.

Dave

On Mar 21, 2006, at 11:19, Christine Maentz wrote:

Dave,

We're getting into nitty gritty measurements here.. my suggestion is ordering what you need and if it doesn't work, if you haven't installed the lights, we'll give you a full refund, less shipping.

<166931bc>

Christine Maentz
VP Sales
www.boogey.com
(800)846-1382

We aren't the best because we've been around the longest...
We've been around the longest because we're the best!

------------Original Message------------
To: "Christine Maentz" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, Mar-21-2006 1:44 PM
Subject: Re: Vertical TNT
Hi Christine,
Thanks for the info. I still need the outer dimensions on the TNT sticks to know if they will be applicable to my current need. I'm trying to find a solution to an insufficient light source for my rear directionals. The incandescent bulb is nearly totally useless, but I like the clean lines of the hardware. Please see attachment.

Thanks,
Dave

<319f4bce>

DSC_0028.JPG

<41681f17>

DSC_0031.JPG

<69c24110>

DSC_0032.JPG

On Mar 20, 2006, at 5:30, Christine Maentz wrote:

Dave,

The holes are there only if you're using the additional case. In either situation, we never use the holes are we always tape the lights. The distance is 1 1/4 between the holes.

<69112ae1>

Christine Maentz
VP Sales
www.boogey.com
(800)846-1382

We aren't the best because we've been around the longest...
We've been around the longest because we're the best!

------------Original Message------------
To: [email protected]
Date: Sat, Mar-18-2006 8:11 PM
Subject: Vertical TNT
What are the dimensions on the vertical TNT sticks and how far apart are
the mounting holes?

Thanks,
Dave

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
It always frustrates me when they can't answer the "fukkin question".

So because she can't lift her sorry ass up from the chair and measure it, or get someone to measure it if she doesn't know how, you are expected to wait a week and pay for shipping if it doesn't work.... What a maroon!!!

How hard would it have been to simply put a tape on a stick and give you the info. Often, I am trying to make something work for what it wasn't designed. I know what I am trying to do and what information I need to determine if it will work.

Another one that gets me riled is when you ask three questions (numbered even) and they answer only the first. You email back with the remaining two and they answer only one. I ask that they answer all three questions in the email and they still only answer the first one.

So then you call and, God forbid, you show a little frustration in your voice, because they will hang right up on you.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Eventually poor service like that will catch up them. Some like you will be turned off by thier poor service. Others will get aggrivated and end up retuning parts that don't fit. Either way, they loose $$. Someone else will fill the need.

Hard to imagine that they couldn't have some kind of downloadable .pdf drawing or even a pencil sketch scanned in and put up in a simple .bmp format. Nothing fancy or formal, just a back of the envelope drawing with a dull crayon woud do the job.

Odd.

Pat

·
Restless
1,672 Posts
Back in 2001, when I was into the circus light craze, I had Boogie install some neon on my previous 2000 Fatboy at Bikeweek. They did a great job installing and wiring them on site. About a year later I notice one of them quit working and had a crack in the glass tube. They sent me a replacement at no charge, no questions asked.

I had a good experience with them then. Maybe you'll get some posts from others with a more recent experience.

·
Banned
2,149 Posts
By deliberate acts, I only made a slight profit the first year I launched Bada Bing Cutlery. I did so as part of a plan, and once I explained this issue to my wife, she agreed. I, too, think customer service is a dying art, and I wanted to change that.

The first year of Bada Bing we strived for total customer service for sharpening, repair or return no matter what the cost and time.

Yesterday, we had a line for sharpening. I sold a knife for over 500 dollars.

Is customer service worth the hassle? You bet it is! And I am delighted! People drive in from northern Wisconsin for sharpening.

A client has confidence in buying a knife worth several hundred dollars. It ain't the knife he trusts, but the company.

I'm not going to take credit for this business concept.

Mike Dillon of Dillon Precision has what he calls a "No BS Guarantee." If the customer breaks or wears out one of his products then the unit, the parts or the updates are free.

I bought a progressive press from Mike in 1984 for 125 bucks. Over the years I receive updated parts without asking for them. They appear in the mail box. Would I buy from MIke again? In a heartbeat.

Someday, I hope they say the thing about Bada Bing. And it's so fricken easy. You just treat the client as you'd like to be treated.

·
Wandering Child
632 Posts
The Tourist said:
By deliberate acts, I only made a slight profit the first year I launched Bada Bing Cutlery. I did so as part of a plan, and once I explained this issue to my wife, she agreed. I, too, think customer service is a dying art, and I wanted to change that.

The first year of Bada Bing we strived for total customer service for sharpening, repair or return no matter what the cost and time.

Yesterday, we had a line for sharpening. I sold a knife for over 500 dollars.

Is customer service worth the hassle? You bet it is! And I am delighted! People drive in from northern Wisconsin for sharpening.

A client has confidence in buying a knife worth several hundred dollars. It ain't the knife he trusts, but the company.

I'm not going to take credit for this business concept.

Mike Dillon of Dillon Precision has what he calls a "No BS Guarantee." If the customer breaks or wears out one of his products then the unit, the parts or the updates are free.

I bought a progressive press from Mike in 1984 for 125 bucks. Over the years I receive updated parts without asking for them. They appear in the mail box. Would I buy from MIke again? In a heartbeat.

Someday, I hope they say the thing about Bada Bing. And it's so fricken easy. You just treat the client as you'd like to be treated.
Amen! Good luck to you.

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
8:11 PM
What are the dimensions on the vertical TNT sticks and how far apart are
the mounting holes?

Thanks,
Dave

[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Dave,

Did you still want this info? I just bought lights a week ago...the sticks not the grenade.

If so I'll post when I get home and measure.

Lou Z.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I have a small business selling and installing 12volt accessories in autos. I do mostly remote start installs so my business dies out in the warmer months. I was going to experiment with selling the boogey lights but they want you to buy too much up front. I don't know which lights or which colors people are gonna want. All my distributors for auto accessories lets me buy in reasonable quantity. With all that said, I guess I won't be selling boogey lights.

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
louz said:
8:11 PM
What are the dementions on the vertical TNT sticks and how far apart are
the mounting holes?

Thanks,
Dave

[/COLOR]
Dave,

Did you still want this info? I just bought lights a week ago...the sticks not the grenade.

If so I'll post when I get home and measure.

Lou Z.[/QUOTE]

Well ...I have the TNT lights......I like them...brighter AND smaller then the others I have seen.

These are the dementions if anybody is interested......

Looking at the LEDS .........

The LED it self is L = 1.115" H = .395" D = .530"

The Vertical Case L = 1.615" H = .445: D = .535"

Holes are 1.250 apart and .128" dia

There are 3 slots on the case for the wires on both short sides and 1 long side. The wires from the LED itself come from the middle back(you can drill a hole).

later
Lou Z.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts