V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
This space is blank
1,029 Posts
Dirty Jim said:
If they were totally produced in China, because it may happen.%[email protected]
HARLEYS are built in the USA by American workers and the dollars stay in the USA. Everything else is NOT A HARLEY.

·
Life is what you make it
3,568 Posts
Man some of you must not have looked on the small print on some of your parts then they aint all from the USA. I doubt that Harley's will be all made in China. But I wouldnt be surprised if more parts arent made there.

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
I think if we get to the point were they're made in China that'll meen that this country has truely gone to hell. I won't be able to afford a bike then because there'll be no middle class left. rich or poor and I'll be one of the poor.

·
Incredible
3,029 Posts
hotshotfxdl said:
Man some of you must not have looked on the small print on some of your parts then they aint all from the USA. I doubt that Harley's will be all made in China. But I wouldnt be surprised if more parts arent made there.
You are correct. HD is basically just "Assembled" in the US now. They will probably just add more foreign made parts to the mix and loose their right to say "Made in America" since a certain amount of parts MUST be made here in order to say that, but they won't be moving their assembly plants entirely.

·
Soar like an Eagle
2,570 Posts
MegaGlide said:
Yeah, but I wouldn't buy one of those garish yellow ones, no matter what...
But what about a yellow one with yellow lights?????? :wootdnc:

·
XLIII
10,078 Posts
Wow.
Glad I haven't eaten yet...:puke:

Edit:
Although, I guess, since that one is a Screamin' Eagle, if they knocked enough off their asking price maybe.
Just so long as it was local and I didn't have to drive very far...

·
EvilMonger
8,793 Posts
Fatb0y said:
You are correct. HD is basically just "Assembled" in the US now. They will probably just add more foreign made parts to the mix and loose their right to say "Made in America" since a certain amount of parts MUST be made here in order to say that, but they won't be moving their assembly plants entirely.
do you buy many factory parts? (not the screaming eagle chrome crap) I do and more than you think are made in USA. I should really start taking pictures of the parts and packaging.

·
Premium Member
1,941 Posts
It really makes no difference where the parts come from.

The heart and soul of the motorcycle is U.S.A.

Walk into any authenic oriental restaurant, and what do you taste ?..REAL oriental food!...not that "Americanized" P.F. Chang crap...it doesn't seem to make a difference that the location is 2 blocks from your home, and that most of the "parts" are manufactured in the U.S.A.

In my opinion, Harleys are no different than a good , authentic, oriental meal. Most of us know the difference between a copy, and the real thing.

When you think about it, most of our bikes are/have been torn down and modified half the time anyway, so we KNOW for a fact, that American hands are/were working on our machines...that's good enough for me.

David

1 - 20 of 71 Posts