V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an '05 FLSTSC and was thinking about putting either an 80/100 or a 90/130 watt bulb in. I have used them in cars with no problem, but I am a novice when it comes to the capacity of a HD.

Any help would be greatly appreciated....

·
Longtime Asphalt Cowboy
3,291 Posts
mattzahr said:
I have an '05 FLSTSC and was thinking about putting either an 80/100 or a 90/130 watt bulb in. I have used them in cars with no problem, but I am a novice when it comes to the capacity of a HD....Any help would be greatly appreciated....
There's quite a few discussions on here about this. I've been running higher 90/120 and others in both my '02 Ultra and '96 LowRider for years with no problem. I will admit I put a 20amp fuse in the Ultra because of all the electrics and I'm running Halogen brake/turn signal bulbs.

Most recently I'm running Philips 100/90 H4 bulbs in both bikes and really like 'em.

o~\o

·
Hellbound Train
5,595 Posts
The main thing to check is where any conection plug sits in relation to the bulb. There have been some that have melted due to the increase in heat from a higher wattage bulb.

·
Premium octane member
7,381 Posts
Same here osram 80/100's in my last 3 harleys and not a problem yet. Just make sure connection is secure like csoday said.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks to you all for your input!

I've started looking in my garage and found all types of H 4's . I'm having second thoughts about the Hella's due to the heat they seem to kick out. The 90/130 seem like they'd crack the glass due to heat....

Do any of you have any input as to which ones run coolest?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts