Bon temps rouler!
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump!

Anyone know?

·
Premium Member
11,928 Posts
dome volume on flat top? maybe valve relief volume?? if not cut for oversize valves, try 1cc

·
Premium Member
6,900 Posts

·
Bon temps rouler!
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
dome volume on flat top? maybe valve relief volume?? if not cut for oversize valves, try 1cc
Mais ya!!!

Well, most of the companies that manufacture pistons do list a "dome volume" for their flat top pistons as a negative number.

Unfortunately there is little to no information out there on these particular pistons, and these are the pistons I happen to have.

So far I've been quoted two different values from the place where I got the pistons and cylinders, -2.0cc and -3.0cc. so I'm kind of wondering now what the actual truth is, as the valve reliefs have not been cut for oversize valves.

I've measured the volume of the valve relief's myself by dripping fluid onto them, using a syringe on a level surface and got about 0.5cc for each pocket, so if the valve reliefs are the only factor in determining the "dome volume" of a flat top piston, then I guess I've got my answer.

I just figured that there must be someone on the forum who has experience with this particular piston and who would know the actual specs.

·
Bon temps rouler!
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
So I assume that your opinion of Wossner Pistons isn't too high?

Well that's helpful to know.

I think I'll just call GMR for a set of his 98" cylinders and pistons and be done with it!

·
Registered
5,318 Posts
I love the guys at Axtel and wouldn't want to say anything malicious but my personal experience with those pistons was not profitable and there were some very unhappy customers. I set them up at .0027 every time and the bores were perfect.
Use CP pistons for your project and all things will be fine.

·
Bon temps rouler!
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I love the guys at Axtel and wouldn't want to say anything malicious but my personal experience with those pistons was not profitable and there were some very unhappy customers. I set them up at .0027 every time and the bores were perfect.
Use CP pistons for your project and all things will be fine.
Thanks for your advice, CP it is!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts