V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
semi-retired
1,844 Posts
those are good lookin' dawgs

w4egv said:
gotta see this one......
Seeing your photo,i think you'll like this. Back in '85 i was young rookie in a brooklyn pct. A middle aged woman and her young german shepprd approached me.The woman started to cry. She went on to tell me she had to find her dog a home or would lose her apartment.I took her info and told her i would take care of her dog.No one at the pct.could /would take the dog.I had a 3yr old akita at home and he would not take kindly to another male in his house.I drove the dog to the transit police canine unit ,also in brooklyn. The cop on duty told me the dog was too young,but ran him through a few tests to determine his temperment,and he passed. Long story short.the ofificer took the dog home andten months or so later became his partner and served for about 5 years.I don't remember names but the original owner (i couldn't make it) attended his 'graduation'.

·
Premium Member
2,067 Posts
Ebert & Roeper reviewed this the past weekend. Ebert gave it a thumbs up, while Roeper gave it a thumbs down......

Now when pressed by Ebert, Roeper admitted that Anthony Hopkins did his usual brilliant job acting the part, but that he (Roeper) just has no interest in land speed records, or motorcycles:loser: ...Sounds like his mind was made up before he ever saw it.

I think it will be an excellent movie.:clap:

·
Registered
725 Posts
Watched it on an Air New Zealand flight last month. Burt Munro is from NZ. Anthony Hopkins notes at the beginning of the movie it was one of his all time favorite roles. Movies rarely hold my attention. This one did. Highly recommended.

·
Banned
1,636 Posts
eprenzlow said:
$hit, I thought you were referring to Sitting Bull about two hours after the rest of the Cavalry found out what happened to Custer. :roflback: :laugh: :yikes:

Nice try at history and comedy,

I think the "Worlds Fastest Indian" was the great Olympic Decathalete Jim Thorpe of Carlisle Pennsylvania. Now if you count The Washington Redskins into this, I would have to add Darrell Green. During the 80s he was "Fastest man in the NFL" for something like 8 years in a row.

LOL!

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
FatBobRob said:
Seeing your photo,i think you'll like this. Back in '85 i was young rookie in a brooklyn pct. A middle aged woman and her young German shepprd approached me.The woman started to cry. She went on to tell me she had to find her dog a home or would lose her apartment.I took her info and told her i would take care of her dog.No one at the pct.could /would take the dog.I had a 3yr old akita at home and he would not take kindly to another male in his house.I drove the dog to the transit police canine unit ,also in brooklyn. The cop on duty told me the dog was too young,but ran him through a few tests to determine his temperment,and he passed. Long story short.the ofificer took the dog home andten months or so later became his partner and served for about 5 years.I don't remember names but the original owner (i couldn't make it) attended his 'graduation'.
Great story...My kennel is attached to the back of the house. It has central heat and air and holds up to 24 dogs. I take in dogs all the time and place them all for free.

Now we have 8 that are ours,5 Shepherds,2 boxers and a choc Lab.All are titled working dogs. When you train a dog to that level you create a bond like no other. what I can tell you is if the opportunity were to arise to go K-9 go for it. You will never regret it.........

·
Retired
1,834 Posts
I watched the trailer a few months ago. Finally a real fukin movie worth spending the money to see.:cheers:

·
semi-retired
1,844 Posts
i wish

w4egv said:
Great story...My kennel is attached to the back of the house. It has central heat and air and holds up to 24 dogs. I take in dogs all the time and place them all for free.

Now we have 8 that are ours,5 Shepherds,2 boxers and a choc Lab.All are titled working dogs. When you train a dog to that level you create a bond like no other. what I can tell you is if the opportunity were to arise to go K-9 go for it. You will never regret it.........
I had the chance many years ago,but could not acceptand i've been retired almot 2 years now.p.s is the dog on the left a belgian? merry christmas,rob

·
Registered
63 Posts
Damn, I'm really getting old. I clearly remember reading about the exploits of Burt Munro in real time!!! His annual odyssies from New Zealand are and should be the stuff of legends.

Rapid One
2005 Fat Boy
Stage 1
V & H Shortshots
HD Beach Bars
Nostalgia windshield
QD Backrest for hot little wife

"When in doubt, Gas it. It won't help but it ends the suspense!"

·
Registered
762 Posts
Nice to see the movie industry giving us something better than Biker Boys. Has World's fastest Indian been released? I can't seem to find it in theatres in my area.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts