V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
9,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Look out Rangers. Here comes Cardinal Nation!

·
Iron Butt
1,124 Posts
Looking good for you and the cards.Fat Albert kicked some azz last night!!!

But don't count out the Rangers just yet

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
What an ugly error filled game 6. And I can't say that LaRussa is the genius manager folks decry him to be after what he did in game 5.

·
Banned
2,449 Posts
Tonite's game was the best one I have ever seen. I can't believe the Cardinals came back twice to tie it, then sealed the victory with a David Freese walkoff homer.

GOOOOOOOOO CARDINALS!

·
Banned
9,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cardinals still alive. Epic series so far. It's a winner for both teams no matter who wins. Of course I'm rooting for the birds. I'm a postseason Cards fan. Don't pay much attention otherwise. In truth I'll be glad when it's over. I'm not much for sitting in front of the TV for four or five hours, but it's mesmerizing so I can't look away.

·
Live Free or Die
8,686 Posts
It was a great game!! While I gave the edge to the Rangers going in, I am a firm believer in momentum and home field advantage. The Cards have both right now.

Still rooting for the Rangers because I'm a Josh Hamilton and Nolan Ryan fan.

·
Banned
2,449 Posts
Hamilton claims God told him he was going to hit that home run in the 10th inning last nite. I think he's back on the drugs again....

·
Banned
9,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:woohoo: We are the champions!:woohoo:

Have to admit I feel a little (only a little) bad for Ron Washington and the Rangers. So close two years in a row. Their undoing was the number of walks . . . .

·
Banned
2,449 Posts
What an amazing run by the Cardinals! They just didn't give in even when they were down. The Rangers played well but couldn't seal the deal when they had the chance.

St Louis Cardinals 2011 World Champs! :clap:

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
Congrats to the Cardinals.

My 2011 baseball predictions have been a complete flop since April so I'm not surprised the Cards won. Either team would have been lucky to win that series. Now, on to the important things in life, like finding a manager for the 2012 World Series Champion Red Sawx!!!!

·
blipper
5,199 Posts
Congrats to the Cards and their fans

Epic series with amazing twists, but still a bit disappointed in the Rangers' overall effort. Just can't give up that many free bases.

·
Banned
2,449 Posts
My 2011 baseball predictions have been a complete flop since April so I'm not surprised the Cards won. Either team would have been lucky to win that series. Now, on to the important things in life, like finding a manager for the 2012 World Series Champion Red Sawx!!!!
The Cardinals were lucky to make the playoffs but they weren't lucky to win it all. They are one of the best offensive teams in baseball, and they got hot at the right time. With Adam Wainwright coming back next year, they will be a contender for the title again next year.

·
Live Free or Die
8,686 Posts
Congrats to the Cards. Game 6 of the World Series was an amazing game.

Now it's time to get that checkbook out because Pujol's pay day is a comin'. Theo Epstein just went to the Cubs. I suspect they're going to make him a serious offer. I don't know if Pujols is going to give a hometown discount-- otherwise he would have taken the offer they gave in spring training, which I seem to remember was in the neighborhood of 9 yrs/$200 million (22+ million/yr).

·
Banned
2,449 Posts
Now that the Cardinals won the world series they will do everything possible to keep Pujols. He loves playing in St Louis so I don't see him going anywhere. He'll only play for a contender so the Cubs are out of the picture. Most of the top contenders have great first basemen, so that doesn't leave many options for him. I think he'll be a Cardinal for the rest of his career.

·
Banned
2,449 Posts
It seems a recording of Ron Washington's game 7 pregame pep talk leaked out to the media. The guy drops the F bomb more than Richard Pryor. He sure is the total opposite of Tony LaRussa.

http://vimeo.com/31675320

1 - 17 of 17 Posts