V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had defective stock rear shocks replaced with normal height shocks from Works. The ride is firmer and I like the handling.

Has anyone else have any experience with these shocks? They were recommended by my mechanic.

Thanks.

·
Registered
70 Posts
rear shocks

Defective already ??
I had mine (deuce 2000) replaced by a set of progressive suspension (adjustable ) which works out somewhat better then the stock showa's ,although showa has real good stuff usually I don't particularly fancy the ones HD mounts under their SoftTails as they are really fading out and keep mediocre control on typical European roads which tend to be more winding typically. These are the best aftermarket shocks I can get here actually .

Rik

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rik,

The "defect" may have been a binding where they attach to the swing arm, according to a post from another site.

He fixed the noise(sounded like an internal ratcheting) by putting grease on those connections. My mechanic just tried to lube the shafts.

The works shocks can be rebuilt. No preload adjustment on the shock. The factory has to do it.

I also seem to have better control than the stock shocks on the few winding roads we have around here.

Thanks for the reply,

Matt

1 - 3 of 3 Posts