V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been riding motorcycles for years now I am finally ready for my first v-twin. I have waited so long becouse stock just isnt my thing . So I am building my first ground up custom. No cookie cutter custom or kit bike here, I have been working on it since 2004 I would say I am 90 percent there . It takes a while paying , learning and getting creative as you go. I am building a hard tail bar hopper style custom, 96 cubic inch S&S, open belt primary, lean and mean , so far I have made my own Gas tank, billet aluminum oil tank , billet aluminum foot controls, shifter linkage, and many odds and ends. This web site is awsome! Im sure you will be hearing from me from time to time asking for advice . I hope to fire it up this summer . I am such a damn perfectionist I just cant rush it. The more I machine or fabricate the more I want to make my own custom parts , I think I have a sickness. :chopper:

·
Premium Member
1,261 Posts
Dan Stewart said:
I am such a damn perfectionist I just cant rush it. The more I machine or fabricate the more I want to make my own custom parts , I think I have a sickness. :chopper:
We call it a disease.

:D

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
:welcome: to the fourm. Yep, we want pics!! Hope ya get it running sooner. Post up often and enjoy.

·
Dog on a Hog
195 Posts
:welcome: to the forum. Good luck with your bike, I wish I had the skill and patience to build one from the ground up!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
help

Ok guys I need help in here . I am good working with my hands ,but computers are my weak spot , I would like to post a bunch of pictures of my progress but.... when I try to add an attachment ( or picture) to my threads I get a notice telling me " the dimension limits for this file type is 800 X 600 and all of my pictures are 1280 X 960 " is says I need to convert them over. Could someone please help me ?:huh:

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Dan Stewart said:
Ok guys I need help in here . I am good working with my hands ,but computers are my weak spot , I would like to post a bunch of pictures of my progress but.... when I try to add an attachment ( or picture) to my threads I get a notice telling me " the dimension limits for this file type is 800 X 600 and all of my pictures are 1280 X 960 " is says I need to convert them over. Could someone please help me ?:huh:
MS paint is an easy way to resize but I just use photobucket or imageshack to host my pics and then post a link,no need to resize and no limit on the forum that way either :cheers:
http://photobucket.com/
http://imageshack.us/

1 - 9 of 9 Posts