V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Life is what you make it
3,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is up with all of these work from home adds on TV. People making 500,000 bucks a year , 5000 bucks a day ? Why should I go to work if I can do this at home ??? Couldnt we all work form home. Maybe I can work while I am riding ???

·
Registered
13,064 Posts
Great idea!

·
<><
3,971 Posts
hotshotfxdl said:
What is up with all of these work from home adds on TV. People making 500,000 bucks a year , 5000 bucks a day ? Why should I go to work if I can do this at home ??? Couldnt we all work form home. Maybe I can work while I am riding ???
More like 5000 bucks in a day (once).

·
Doof Bag
274 Posts
eprenzlow said:
If everybody who logs in today would send me five bucks, I'll be on my way to achieving my goals.
take a 5 for a 10?

·
Banned
5,329 Posts
I saw a news bit on TV where this gal was gonna work from home. :harhar: She set it up with the other party that she would receive "drop shipments" and would then receive a prepaid shipping label from them to forward the stuff on to its final destination. :woohoo: The next thing she knew she was under investigation for selling stolen goods which I think involved using stolen credit card information. The compensation check she received from the people she was working with, of course, was a bad check. :nunu: That turned out to be a bad work-from-home situation.

·
Premium Member
1,049 Posts
Around 1991 I took a Voluntary layoff from G.E. I owned a business that was getting to be more than I could handle with a full time job.

I started a Company called P.C. Helpmate and ran some ad's in local small newspapers to provide help for people in Installing software and Options.
My only intention with this was to get into people homes and find out ways people made a good living working from home.

In the six months that I did this, I only encountered two people that were running successful businesses from home.
One lady did Marketing NAME research for big companies, for example a name for a new car. They wanted to know what it meant in several languages and slang etc, before they would dare to use it on their products.

Most of the calls were from older people that were being forced to start using PC's at work and they didn't want to be embarrassed so they wanted me to show them enough so they would not be intimidated at work.

Met a few very nice people that just wanted help with Software or hardware upgrades.

·
Banned
17,245 Posts
Stephen King works from home. I think JK Rowling worked from home. I'm a pharmacist so I think people would think it strange if I worked from home. There is not much of a career in being an envelope stuffer.

·
Super Moderator
5,582 Posts
I have a great work from home idea, each of you borrow me 10$ but only send me 5 of it, that way, I will owe you the five you sent me, you will still owe me the other 5 and we can just call it even. Makes sense, doesn't it?

·
Banned
4,037 Posts
I have a home office

My wife and I do mostly construction defect litigation, insurance litigation, adjusting, and construction/design management. We also manage OUR real-estate from the home. Operating from the home AND from the car (60,000 miles a year) with a laptop mounted in the front seat we have made 7 figure incomes the last 3 years. It can be done, but not by some send in your money for a secret program.

We're not into it, but I know a guy that makes a high 6 figure income selling generators, compressors, pressure washers, HVAC units, and other equipment from home on EBAY. He only has a computer and stores nothing home it all comes from a drop ship center.

You could also set up your own Harley forum, or Diesel truck forum like thedieselstop which is rumored to be very profitable and operated by a husband and wife from the home.

There are opportunities. The world has changed with the internet,......thanks Al Gore for inventing it.:spank:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts