V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
47 Degrees F, sunny, empty country roads and wood smoke and decaying leaves filling the air! It is one of my best rides this year! Makes you feel alive!
The bike is loving the cool air and it sounds like music echoing through the mountains. Stopped here at work to get a cup of Java but had to share! And I thought my riding was over for this year! ~!Awesome!

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
I like to ride when the temps are in the high 40's and low 50's. The air feels good, the bike runs really well, and my left arm does not get tired from waving at the other riders...:) Good gloves, good jacket and chaps, all you need for a great ride.

·
EASY DOES IT
8,914 Posts
Tommy Meisel said:
my left arm does not get tired from waving at the other riders...:)
What a day in November!!! 74 here and my arm hurts like hell...but I ain't complainin'

·
Total Nutcase
2,691 Posts
Got to agree! It was 70 degrees here. We rode all day long. Saw a bunch of bikes, so I guess everyone was trying to get in some riding.

·
Forgetter of Things
2,657 Posts
swmnkdinthervr said:
What a WONDERFUL day in November!!!
i had to edit your quote a little...
just got in
it was a perfect day for a ride in the Laurel Mts...couldn't believe there was hardly any traffic out~!Awesome!

·
CMA-er
973 Posts
Glad you guys had some great rides.

Pouring, pouring, pouring, pouring, pouring. Did I say pouring? All last week, all this next week....

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
I took my last ride of the season on 11/2/2005, and put her away for the Winter. The next 4 months are going to be hell.

·
Banned
1,355 Posts
sthorp said:
I took my last ride of the season on 11/2/2005, and put her away for the Winter. The next 4 months are going to be hell.

Try 18 months... I am headed to Afghanistan. Makes 4 months sound pretty good!!! Anywas, the bike went into storage today. Pretty good deal though with the local ealer... $200 for my entire deployment. But it made me sick to think that I won't straddle it again until 2007! :badmood:

·
I haven't seen your bird.
8,499 Posts
Originally posted by marthared
Pouring, pouring, pouring, pouring, pouring. Did I say pouring?
CLINK! I'm about to pour some bourbon into a glass right now, because I put my bike into storage on November 3. Good to hear the tales of those last autumn rides, though. Glad you all had some fun.

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
marthared said:
Glad you guys had some great rides.

Pouring, pouring, pouring, pouring, pouring. Did I say pouring? All last week, all this next week....
:mad:
Same here in Orygun.....bout ready for a sand bags and a row boat#@SasF# #@SasF#

·
Premium Member
946 Posts
jtpnu93 said:
Try 18 months... I am headed to Afghanistan. Makes 4 months sound pretty good!!! Anywas, the bike went into storage today. Pretty good deal though with the local ealer... $200 for my entire deployment. But it made me sick to think that I won't straddle it again until 2007! :badmood:
Good luck over there and thanks for your service!{salute(

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
Going to be around 80 today in Raleigh!!

·
Registered
304 Posts
over 300 miles yesterday

It was a great day... Wife absolutely loves to ride now. Cruised around lake Murray in Oklahoma then took the back roads all the way back to Dallas. 80 degrees PERFECT.

·
Premium Member
1,401 Posts
80 degrees!!!! WOW!!!!

If I were at home (where my bike is) I'm sure I'd be riding it...the wife says the last couple days have been REAL nice! Oh well...will be back home on Tuesday....hopefully it'll still be nice! Guess I need to check weather.com!

Just checked weather.com - WOW - it's supposed to hit 81 on Wednesday!!! With only a 20% chance of precip. Now...I know you can't always (if ever) count on weather forecasts, but the next six days back home look GREAT for riding... mostly upper 70's with little to no chance of precip!!!

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
jtpnu93 said:
Man, 18 months without riding, makes me feel stupid for complaining about 4 months.

·
Banned
5,329 Posts
I bought my first bike this year. I bought a real nice classic leather jacket from Fox Creek Leathers and some good gloves and Im gonna keep on riding. Im sure Ill get to the point I feel stupid on the road or when there is only 3 hours of ride-able time in a day, but Ill wait till that day comes. I can put it away for the winter in 2 hours so there is no rush.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts