V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Let er rip!
2,876 Posts
Yep! No clue what it takes to keep this rig afloat.

Many, many :thanks: !!!!!!!!!!

·
Founder/Administrator
1,315 Posts
Carrie said:
Wow, I wonder what happened in the first place. I hope we get a explanation. :)
Database crash. Long story but you can also thank a "wolf in sheep's clothing" amongst us. I don't want to give out too many details for fear that it will happen again, but someone intentionally caused it.

What a pain in the ass it was to bring the site back up. I still have a few issues to work out...but you all can post for the most part.

·
Banned
9,436 Posts
everythingZen said:
Thanks DP...Man, did I Miss This Place. Their is no other forum like this one!!!
@gree: Now we can all start complaining about ads and fees, discuss oil and who's a real biker (tongue in cheek). I missed this place! Thanks DP!

Lefty

·
Average Dude
6,263 Posts
Good work Dave.
Just what you needed, eh?
Are you saying this could happen again? From the same individual? Another "sheep in the herd"?

·
Opinions Vary
161 Posts
YankeeBob said:
Good work Dave.
Are you saying this could happen again? From the same individual? Another "sheep in the herd"?
Course it could happen again . . . .
It's the net - everything is exposed all the time!

Sheep in the herd is kinda bullshit tho - anyone can register an account.
Unless that sheep is part of admin - and in that case it ain't the herd! It's a personal problem!

But - with proper planning and maintenance - like anything else %[email protected]
it would be a 24hr deal at most to recover from most any crash/attack/hack if:

1) A sqldump was backed up a few times a day, automagically - think CRON!
2) Constant version updating (you know vb is at 3.6.8 right??)

That said - glad it's back . . .
Hope it's managed a little tighter perhaps?
Can't count on the moco for maintenance now can we hmmmm??

·
Registered
52 Posts
DPrice said:
but someone intentionally caused it.

UNBELIEVABLE!!!! Why someone will do such thing??? This person should be attached by the balls whatever they're up or down...
This site is fun to read and to post.
Thank you DP for your hard work bringing this thing running...

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
YankeeBob said:
Good work Dave.
We have sheep here ?

hold on for a sec...

paging Casaba , please pick up the white courtesy phone

·
<><
3,971 Posts
DPrice said:
Database crash. Long story but you can also thank a "wolf in sheep's clothing" amongst us. I don't want to give out too many details for fear that it will happen again, but someone intentionally caused it.

What a pain in the ass it was to bring the site back up. I still have a few issues to work out...but you all can post for the most part.
DP, thanks for your hard work to get this place back up. BOY DID I MISS IT!!! (got a lot of work done around the house though!)

I hope you're able to NAIL the sick pup who took us down. #[email protected]

·
Banned
3,710 Posts
shh shhh shhhhh ssssshhhhh

one day I'll give you MYsuspect/s

good to see ya DP

DPrice said:

·
Banned
2,735 Posts
Carrie said:
Wow, I wonder what happened in the first place. I hope we get a explanation. :)
When the site was down...DP had a message on the opening page that you could see that said he "Has about 85% of the corrupted files fixed". Someone must have succeeded in sending a virus that got past DPs security.

Anyone else know what happened?

·
Banned
2,735 Posts
DPrice said:

Sorry Carrie...I answered your post before reading far enough to see DP's.

·
Banned
2,735 Posts
Lefty said:
@gree: Now we can all start complaining about ads and fees, discuss oil and who's a real biker (tongue in cheek). I missed this place! Thanks DP!

Lefty
Are we supposed wear a helmet when we are in here?...or wave at the screen?..what kind of wave?

·
Registered
4,820 Posts
mild withdrawal

I think a few of us may have been suffering from mild withdrawal as the days went on and on. :laugh:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts