V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone use these? Just looking for feedback. Booby Woods recommended this cam.

I am doing the 72cc SE Heads and cams to go with a V&H ProPipe and High-Flo stage 1.

·
Banned
4,508 Posts
Cam Choice

It is the 6H with .015 less lift. Very high torque cam, but with a good set of heads, it will also yield good hp numbers. I can't remember how many of the 6H's we have installed over the years.

·
Here for the education!
788 Posts
awesome cam

I did a build for my buddy(included 103 cylinders, tw7 cam, no head work, sert, and cp high comp pistons, fat cat quite baffle, stock t-body, 4th gear std dynojet run at 100hp and 108tq). This cam is worth its lb's in gold! Just an opinion. Sure a good set of heads like baisley's, or hillside's will wake it up some more.

·
Super Moderator
5,582 Posts
Have them in my 07 Ultra with 10 to 1 compression, a little noise, a lot of power, I will be installing compression releases this winter as I have had an ocasional hard hot start. The bike will pull 6th gear easily anywhere from 62 MPH up. I have logged over 4000 miles pulling a trailer with this build and the torque is excellent. I say go for it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I think you made a type error. For 103ci: 72cc would result in around 11.6:1 cr with flattops, 0.03 cometic and zero deck height. That's a LOT of compression.....

82cc = 10.5 : 1
86.5cc = 10 : 1

Just reread and saw you will stay 96ci??
76cc = 10.5:1
81.5 cc = 10:1

TX_RG said:
Anyone use these? Just looking for feedback. Booby Woods recommended this cam.

I am doing the 72cc SE Heads and cams to go with a V&H ProPipe and High-Flo stage 1.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
HD-Monster-Torq said:
I think you made a type error. For 103ci: 72cc would result in around 11.6:1 cr with flattops, 0.03 cometic and zero deck height. That's a LOT of compression.....

82cc = 10.5 : 1
86.5cc = 10 : 1

Just reread and saw you will stay 96ci??
76cc = 10.5:1
81.5 cc = 10:1

Yes, I am staying at 96". I talked with my wrench today and he said I be <10:1. I really don't want any more than that. What is the formula for compression with the 96"? Anyone?

·
Super Moderator
5,582 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ejk_dyna said:
<<I am doing the 72cc SE Heads >>

Just remeber the 72cc is a typo. The se p heads are usually around 78cc.

No typo, the '06 SE Pro Heads are 72cc, the new style with the '08 part number have a larger combustion chamber.

·
Registered
917 Posts
<<No typo, the '06 SE Pro Heads are 72cc, the new style with the '08 part number have a larger combustion chamber.>>

So this is a different head then the SE Performance heads that have been around for years (part# 16952-99B)?

Must be since I have cc'd quite a few sets of the SE P heads and always got between 76-79cc.

Just curious...for those who have worked with the old SE P heads and this new SE pro head. What did they do to get the cc's down to 72? The old SE P heads were milled from the factory .060 and I can't imagine they would cut them even more.

·
Premium Member
714 Posts
ejk_dyna said:
<<No typo, the '06 SE Pro Heads are 72cc, the new style with the '08 part number have a larger combustion chamber.>>

So this is a different head then the SE Performance heads that have been around for years (part# 16952-99B)?

Must be since I have cc'd quite a few sets of the SE P heads and always got between 76-79cc.

Just curious...for those who have worked with the old SE P heads and this new SE pro head. What did they do to get the cc's down to 72? The old SE P heads were milled from the factory .060 and I can't imagine they would cut them even more.
ejk...haven't worked with the old SE Heads, but here is exact description from the:

Pro Twin Cam Performance Cylinder Heads
Part number-16952-99C
"We've combined the proven Screamin' Eagle valve train components and innovative port shapes from our Evolution 1340 cylinder heads witht the Twin Cam engine "bathtub" combustion chamber with a volume of 72cc's to create a cylinder head that really performs. Valve spring can accomodate up to .575 valve lift camshaft kits and up to 6500 RPM. Heads are machined to accept compression release."

The HTCC heads show a 84cc combustion chamber.

·
Registered
917 Posts
That was the same description as the SE P heads..same part# too except for "C" vs "B" Have you actually cc'd these heads and got 72cc?

·
Super Moderator
5,582 Posts
72cc with stock head gaskets and woods 7H 40 degree intake closing puts you at 221 cold cranking pressure, You havent even assembled it yet and I can already hear it pinging.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts