V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanted recommendations from those that have any experience with these. I have a dyna

SS 110
10.7 c
Dave Mackie ported heads
springs lift to 600
5.3 injectors
HPI 55 mm TB
current cam TTS 150
thrashin AR 2-1 exhaust
Current numbers: 118hp/ 132 tq - STD smoothing

tts150 isn’t terrible but it’s a bolt in and was thinking either the woods or tman would be an upgrade as they are performance cams.

·
Registered
5,204 Posts
Not a fan of close LSA cams with a lot of overlap. Especially when you have heads that work fine. Answer 590PS2

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Wanted recommendations from those that have any experience with these. I have a dyna

SS 110
10.7 c
Dave Mackie ported heads
springs lift to 600
5.3 injectors
HPI 55 mm TB
current cam TTS 150
thrashin AR 2-1 exhaust
Current numbers: 118hp/ 132 tq - STD smoothing

tts150 isn’t terrible but it’s a bolt in and was thinking either the woods or tman would be an upgrade as they are performance cams.
I did the 999-6a cams, with my FM 110”. I just ported my stock intake manifold (50mm) and kept my stock 4.9 gps injectors. FM level B heads, 10.5/1 CP Pistons, D&D Fat Cat. Ended up with 117/130. Not sure if that helps you, but, I’ll post my Dyno sheet in SAE Smoothing...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not a fan of close LSA cams with a lot of overlap. Especially when you have heads that work fine. Answer 590PS2
I heard they make great cams . Question is would it be that much of a difference from what I have to justify cost.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Another question is I feel like my bike is going thru RPMs rev quickly especially in gears 1 to 4. As result bike feels sluggish or doesn’t move smoothly thru gears. Is this a harley thing or cam or what? Anyone experience this?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I did the 999-6a cams, with my FM 110”. I just ported my stock intake manifold (50mm) and kept my stock 4.9 gps injectors. FM level B heads, 10.5/1 CP Pistons, D&D Fat Cat. Ended up with 117/130. Not sure if that helps you, but, I’ll post my Dyno sheet in SAE Smoothing...
View attachment 267144
Hows it feel with that cam? One thing I notice with my bike is gears 1 thru 4 I go rev thru RPMs quickly and makes the bike feel not as smooth and little sluggish. Not sure if it’s a cam issue , tune or what.

·
Registered
11 Posts
So the 999 has overlap? how would that affect performance as opposed to Tman cam
Basically all after market cams have overlaps! You cannot just slap any set of cams and expect great results, heads exhaust cams everything has to be match together to get a good recipes! Talk to the head porter and explain what you want/expect and where you want the power to happen! He will offer you some suggestions on what you should stick in there!

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Another question is I feel like my bike is going thru RPMs rev quickly especially in gears 1 to 4. As result bike feels sluggish or doesn’t move smoothly thru gears. Is this a harley thing or cam or what? Anyone experience this?
What your clutch is slipping? Not sure what you meant exactly!

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,204 Posts
Yes they all have overlap but this wood cam, TW999-6 has more, 48° VS 42° for the tman, and also very high TDC lift numbers, .222/.215, that could have valve to valve clearance issues, must be checked before installing this cam. It is 252/252 duration and the Tman 590PS2 is 246/250 with 38 overlap and reasonable TDC lifts, .212/.165, still checking would be essential not knowing more about the heads. If you want gnarly sound and low speed manners to match I would go right to the wood cam, the Tman will be subtle in comparison and also not give a tuner fits getting the low speed areas to come in. My critique is based on math and personal experience with both of these grinds not brand names, both are fine brands.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts