V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am thinking of selling my bike, as i have too many irons in the fire.Havent decided yet though.Tell me what you all think....
its a 99 ElectraGlide Standard,about 52k mikes,has slipons,grips,backrest and a stage one kit.I owe 10,600.
will i have trouble selling it you think?
mike

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
I sold a bike at cycletrader.com and seems to be somehwere to look at prices. I think ebay is over rated and many times prices are out of range for what your looking for. cycletrader.com has four 99 FLHT's lowest price is $11,500 highest is $17,500. varied miles and upgrades, the high price has low miles and engine upgrade.

good luck and ride safe.

·
Premium Member
3,624 Posts
I've got my eye on a '99 EG Standard. It has a Zippers 120' kit, Barnett Scorpion clutch and so on. The owner wants $12,500.00. He's had it for sale for 6 months now with no takers.

·
Registered
967 Posts
If it's clean and you haven't dropped it, you should have no problems getting back what you owe. Have you looked in your local paper? Down here, used Harleys don't stay very long. Shame you have to sell. I hope everything works out.

·
Registered
435 Posts
mikes99EG said:
Am thinking of selling my bike, as i have too many irons in the fire.Havent decided yet though.Tell me what you all think....
its a 99 ElectraGlide Standard,about 52k mikes,has slipons,grips,backrest and a stage one kit.I owe 10,600.
will i have trouble selling it you think?
mike
I was wondering that myself. I have a real clean Dyna I was thinking about selling. It seems used prices are a little soft now.

Tim

·
Registered
675 Posts
Some Guy said:
Whoever wants 17.5k for a 99 is likely high on coke. 11k for a bike that's not abused sounds more reasonable.
I would have to agree, especially with MSRP on an electraglide standard at 15K and some change (06 model). If your bike is clean it should bring at or about what you owe. The market is better in our part of the world because we can ride 365, but even at that until the first warm blast or income tax refunds arrive, things seem to be a little sluggish. Event the dealers feel it in January with mega financing options. I would hold out for my price, someone will pay it if your scoot is clean. 52K is not high mileage for a 7 year old touring bike. I ride a 99 dyna with 26K and that is not even up to average for the year. Sure, there are some out there with 5K the same age, but they don't stay for sale until the ink dries on the ad in this part of the woods.

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
Some Guy said:
Whoever wants 17.5k for a 99 is likely high on coke. 11k for a bike that's not abused sounds more reasonable.
Sounds about right. Especially with 52k miles. Not that I don't think a bike can go longer then that. Best thing is look over as many local bikes as possible. Maybe 12k obo. See what people offer.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thanks for all the input.I hate to sell it because it is such a fun bike to ride.I got rid of a really cool V-Rod to get this for the comfort,but now its just to difficult to juggle everything.
Texastooltime.....i think you are right about the market down here

mike

1 - 14 of 14 Posts