V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My concern is a wobble in the front end AT REST. I can manhandle the handlebars left-right about an inch each way (quickly back and forth) and observe a noticable wobble in the front end. I went to the store and checked out a new one and it does the same but just a bit less than mine. It seems to do ok on the road but I've also never had her above 90...maybe 95.

I don't know if it matters but I've replaced the handlebars with 2" pullbacks and the front suspension with Progressive monotube cartridges. I did not do the work so I can't vouch for proper torque on the bolts,......but the guy wasn't a junior mechanic.

I had an 03 Ultra and never noticed this.

Have others noticed this?

If so, do you think it's the rubber mounts on the handle bars or something more significant like the triple trees or possibly flexible/weak lowers? Would the montubes have contributed to this? I don't like the thought of it at high speeds...actually at any speed! Even if it's "normal", is there something that can be done to eliminate it?

I did some searches but couldn't find any other threads about a front end wobble AT REST. If they exist, please point me there and I'll check'em out.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
this a common problem on some of the early 09 touring bikes. some of them were shipped with tripple trees that were out of tolerance. the moco fixed the problem on police bikes but said that it should not be a problem on civilian bikes like my butt dont count. Later in the year the problem was solved. I will never buy early in a production year again, give them time to find and fix problems. If you have noticed it probably does not turn as tight to the left as to the right as in full lock turns.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts