V-Twin Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Does the T-jet really narrow the band the other jets are responsible for. From what I've read at their website in the past the T-jet doesn't do much of anything at all until at least 4500 rpm. Did I read that wrong? I don't spend much time at all in that RPM range. Has anyone here ever installed one and felt any honest increase in their midrange.
Yes basically instead of two fuel circuits on an S&S it would now have 3. Intermidate jet from idle to 2500 then main jet from 2500-4500 and the Thunderjet from 4500-6500. My current carb is jetted to run hard at full 6500rpm but when cruising at 3500 she a tad rich and runs a touch rough. If I jet to cruise smoothe she's lean and pinging up top. This means it needs a more linear fuel ratio and cannot be tuned out. By adding the third circuit it will fix this and fuel curve will be more linear across the rpm band.

·
Premium Member
2,101 Posts
Re the bombsight - I haven't tested side by side, but I question its value. Zippers doesn't use them on the G2 or at all as far as I know, and other folks who mod S&S carbs don't either. My G is bored, T-jetted and tricked out - but no bombsight and runs strong. Seems the bombsight would impede airflow.

Interested in anyone's experience.
Works great for me-
Top carb builder in the World SA Racing uses them as well as XXX, an outstand carb upgrade company as well.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Wow, I envy you... God the trouble I could get into with that thing... I know you're one of the experts on here I've seen some post you were in on. I have a few questions for you if you don't mind. On my V124 FXR in have the tuned port intake hear they aren't really that good. Is there anything as far as porting it to flow better or is it really not worthwhile and if replace what might you suggest. I gotta say this thing has been fun and runs like a bear but always looking for perfect tuning on it. What changes have the biggest gains. I'm running pipes I made open mid length drags 1 3/4. The motor seems to run hardest with this config. Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
2,101 Posts
I don't think you will see much for port matching the intake to head and or opening up the intake in and of itself.
If you were to pull the heads and get top level head work-then I would spend the time and money to work the intake as well.
Its a slippery slope though, as then you might want to bump the comp a bit with fresh pistons, maybe put in premium S&S lifters with limiters, and then retune. See where this goes?
I would leave as is and enjoy it as is, unless you are really needing the extra HP-like a buddy keeps beating you or you like to run at the track also and want to go quicker.
A couple things you could do to it unrelated to the motor to increase the fun factor, is a slightly deeper gear change, and a Pingel electric shifter ( I run one on my FXR and its fun as hell).

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #30 (Edited)
I don't think you will see much for port matching the intake to head and or opening up the intake in and of itself.
If you were to pull the heads and get top level head work-then I would spend the time and money to work the intake as well.
Its a slippery slope though, as then you might want to bump the comp a bit with fresh pistons, maybe put in premium S&S lifters with limiters, and then retune. See where this goes?
I would leave as is and enjoy it as is, unless you are really needing the extra HP-like a buddy keeps beating you or you like to run at the track also and want to go quicker.
A couple things you could do to it unrelated to the motor to increase the fun factor, is a slightly deeper gear change, and a Pingel electric shifter ( I run one on my FXR and its fun as hell).
Yah was curios about that thanks. As far as needing more I certainty have nobody stepping on the power. Nobody I ride with can keep up with it in fact all but the baddest *** bike guys around here can't keep up with it either until we get up to higher speeds. Out of the hole and quarter mile they can hardly believe it's a Harley. Not by any means disappointed with it. I myself was surprised what it had when I got the motor in last year. I guess it would be wise to wait till it has a major issue and I have to tare it down anyway. Figured the new carb will clean up the fuel delivery. Yes I think the shifter idea is a great one. Had an air shifter on my old Kawi Z1R years ago it was indeed fun. Thanks for your time and advice. Also what size bore and stroke are you running on that dual carb bike. That thing just looks Fun.sounds nuts

·
Premium Member
2,101 Posts
Yah was curios about that thanks. As far as needing more I certainty have nobody stepping on the power. Nobody I ride with can keep up with it in fact all but the baddest *** bike guys around here can't keep up with it either until we get up to higher speeds. Out of the hole and quarter mile they can hardly believe it's a Harley. Not by any means disappointed with it. I myself was surprised what it had when I got the motor in last year. I guess it would be wise to wait till it has a major issue and I have to tare it down anyway. Figured the new carb will clean up the fuel delivery. Yes I think the shifter idea is a great one. Had an air shifter on my old Kawi Z1R years ago it was indeed fun. Thanks for your time and advice. Also what size bore and stroke are you running on that dual carb bike. That thing just looks Fun.sounds nuts
Here's a little info...yeah its a thrill ride for sure-
https://www.bikernet.com/pages/HOT_STREET_RACING_FXR.aspx

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Wow that thing is a beast. Nice work. Yah I've been building mine on a very unconventional set of requirements to fit my needs. Currently I'm making it into a stretched custom bagger with sort of a wheelie bar hidden under it. I'm also adapting it so it can be removed to run as a solo seat with open bars in about five minutes. The whole tail can unbolt easily and be set aside. Big sound system huge storage and yet can still carve corners. With what I've done I probably have more than enough motor in reality. But love to see guys doing unconventional stuff and breaking out of the factory cookie cuter stuff. Your bike is absolutely awesome. Love it. 170+hp is incredible I'm sure. Much respect to you

21 - 32 of 32 Posts