V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 98 springer softail. I removed the front turn signals...Now when used the rear signals only light once and stay lit. Does anyone know of an aftrer market relay or wiring setup to allow the the rear lights to function correctly wih out the front signals plugged into the harness?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply but which of the pieces best suits the problem? I looked into the Badlands equipment but it seem is just balances the load on the circuit. I actually removed a piece of the circuit (the front signals) and thought I need something to complete it????

·
Registered
458 Posts
Last I knew them little blinky thingies was required equipment here in Iowa.
Sounds like a good excuse for some unwanted hassle from the man.
If you put some kind of little lights on there the load equaliser should do the trick for you , and keep you from getting busted.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Not to be a smart Ass, but I would but those blinky lights back on the front! Nothing like a "Lawman" (especially an over zealous young/new one) looking for a reason to pull over some dude on a Harley to check for other "contraband"....

No beef with the officals, just why give them a chance to pull ya over?

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Exactly, they equalize the load so the module sees the draw it want to see.

They are routinely used when installing LED's for example. The TS module outputs for right and left signals are common for front and rear on each side. The module has no way of knowing if the front or rear lamps are missing as long as it can see the proper load, so it really doesn't even matter where on the bike you wire the equalizer in, ie into the rear signals with the front ones missing.

I believe the newer version will allow you to maintain 4 way (2way? LOL) flasher capability. The only time you can run into issues is with bikes that have the factory security system, highly unlikely in your case.

When you remove the front TS and running lites you have a safety issue, the little bikes without spots and the small headlite are hard enough to see under some lighting conditions, and you might be opening the door to give somebody an out if something happens.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
THANKS HIPPO.

I drove to J&P Cycle ( their showroom is about an hour and 45 mins. from my house) bought the Badlands equalizer, installed it....Works like a charm!

Thanks for all the "warnings" about the pigs/saftey issues....I ve already been completely run over once (by some tourist from Sweden) and totaled my last scoot..... my philosophy is when its your time to go...Its your time....2 little lights up front or not wont save your ass when its time to go!

Thanks for the help...I m off for a ride (with at least REAR signals LOL!)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts