V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Building my TC88A bike, suppose to be a Fatboy look-alike.
I'm quite new to wiring and electrical stuff and being in India not much help is available around so have to rely on inputs from this forum...
I think i would require a 40 Amp stator assy, voltage regulator for the charging circuit, but what all do i require for the ignition and the rest of the electrical (lights, horn etc)?
There are so many aftermarket igintion stuff available that i'm beginning to get confused... like 'single fire' ignition.
What is performance ignition, can a SE Performance ignition be used on a standard TC88A Motor ?
What does one mean from 'different programs like rear cylinder offset...' on the ignition system ?
I seem to be in a mess of jargons with hardly any knowledge !
CAN SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE WIRE MY BIKE! :chopper:
THANKS

·
Administrator
11,285 Posts
luky_13 said:
Building my TC88A bike, suppose to be a Fatboy look-alike.
I'm quite new to wiring and electrical stuff and being in India not much help is available around so have to rely on inputs from this forum...
I think i would require a 40 Amp stator assy, voltage regulator for the charging circuit, but what all do i require for the ignition and the rest of the electrical (lights, horn etc)?
There are so many aftermarket igintion stuff available that i'm beginning to get confused... like 'single fire' ignition.
What is performance ignition, can a SE Performance ignition be used on a standard TC88A Motor ?
What does one mean from 'different programs like rear cylinder offset...' on the ignition system ?
I seem to be in a mess of jargons with hardly any knowledge !
CAN SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE WIRE MY BIKE! :chopper:
THANKS
Need a lot more information than what is listed above.

1) What kind of frame are you using?
2) TC88A motor doesn't technically fit in a softail frame (fatboy frame).
3) What are you using for a tranmission? (sounds irrelivant but the info is needed)
4) What type of Fuel management system (EFI or Carb)
5) If it is a custom bike, are you planning on all the accessories? (directionals, horn, etc.)

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1) I'm building the bike around a softail frame
2) The frame has been designed to suit a TC88A Motor
3) Have a 5speed touring gear set would be getting a softail tranny case for it
4) Bike is carb
5) Yes would have direction indicators, horn the works...

Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts