V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm installing my passing lamps and have come across a problem with wiring. The instructions state that on O4 and newer bikes "connect the white wire with the connector to the B+ Connector on the harness.

Sorry for the big photos........can't figure how to make smaller

The attached photos will show the "white wire with the connector" to But what are they talking about B+ to he harness

[/IMG]

·
Registered
297 Posts
B+ refers to battery voltage, it means a wire that has 12v all of the time and is not switched. If you can post the complete instructions it will help to put it all in context....Bill

·
Premium Member
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nauipro

Here is what the instructions say

:All 2003 and earlier models, cut the connector off the *********** lead and replace with ring terminal. Connect to the copper stud (Batt) terminal of the main circuit breaker.

:All 2004 and later models connecdt the white wire with the connector to the "B+" connector on the harness.

I can't figure out what harness they are talking about! I could always cut the connector off and use a ring terminal, but we know that the connector is a better way to go!

I see no harness on the bike that the connector will connect to, I must be missing something.

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
there's a matching connector floating around down there somewhere, as long as you're bike is an '04-up. I believe it is under the seat area.

I'll see if I can find a picture of it.

·
Registered
297 Posts
If this is a factory light set-up post the # on the instructions. It's near the top, I'm pretty sure that they all start with the letter "J". If no one else chimes in here I will get a copy tomorrow and see if we can figure it out.....Bill

·
Premium Member
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They are HD's and the number you speak of is J03437....the instructions are easy to follow except for this B+ issue

·
Registered
297 Posts
I'll get a copy of that tomorrow. In the meantime I know that you are itching to do this. There is not that much harness on the bike so the connector can't hide forever. Look everywhere that you can in the hole under the seat. There are also 4 nuts that secure the plate that holds your fuses, remove them and look behind the plate, it could be hiding back there.....Bill

·
Registered
297 Posts
Correction, different plate. I cant say for sure how that on eis removed but it may be worth a little exploration......Bill

·
Premium Member
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
nauipro

Great!!! I can't thank you enough for your help. I'll keep looking and hopefully either you or I can come up with it.

Thanks again

·
Premium Member
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I was wondering if since the bike was an early 04, built sometime in Sept or Oct 03 if they might have not used the new wiring harness and there is no plug to be found.

·
Pimp Daddy
386 Posts
The plug is behind the electrical panel near the bottom of the area behind there. It'll be taped up so it's hard to tell it's even a connector but all 04's have it. Follow down to the area where the main wire harness comes out of the backbone and then feel around back there. If that doesn't work try pulling the TSM/TSSM and check in that area before you have to pull the electrical panel off. It's there though, Harley even makes an accessory adaptor plug for it so you can hook up multiple accessories. Good luck!!!

·
Premium Member
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I found it!!!right where sr1032 said. There is no way in a hundred years would I have found it without everyones help. Why would the Motor Company do something like that and not tell you were it is in the instructions?

Anyway another big thanks to all of you and be on the look out for the post showing the light on the Wide Glide.

·
Pimp Daddy
386 Posts
Congrats man, glad to help.

·
Registered
297 Posts
oaksmith said:
I found it!!!right where sr1032 said. There is no way in a hundred years would I have found it without everyones help. Why would the Motor Company do something like that and not tell you were it is in the instructions?

Anyway another big thanks to all of you and be on the look out for the post showing the light on the Wide Glide.
Gotta love it.....Bill

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
oaksmith said:

Almost everything I have ever purchased from HD that came with instructions had instructions that not only had glaring omissions, were incomplete, or were just plain wrong, I usually throw them away after cussing for a while trying to follow them.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts