V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I hate being this old and not knowing but I have an issue that maybe someone may have seen before.
A couple of years ago we had an issue when the bike (2000 Dyna Super Glide,; 49,000 miles) when it was in storage. The whole harness got destroyed. The only one in the country was a "used" one for a Dyna. I bought it and had my garage install it. The only difference with the "new" harness is that the turn directionals did not stay on like they were used to, only about 15 seconds.

Took the bike out of a 7 month storage last week and fired it off, and got it home. The next morning it would not start, found the battery would not charge. Facility did not have power supply for the tender. Replaced it and now the starter relay malfunctioned.

Replaced it.

Took the bike to work the next day and found that the turn directionals STAY on and do not terminate. Also found the speedometer also not working.
Everything else functions OK.

The only other electrics on the bike are Love Jug fans and a trick tail light block called "Back-off".

Crossed a wire somewhere but now my shop manual schematics do not apply as for color codes or size, different harness.
I will start earing it down and also look for the codes.

Regards

·
Registered
228 Posts
Had a Back Off Light on a 2001 Dyna and it kept blowing fuses and giving so much electrical problems eliminated it .. Would be the first Place I would Look .. Yours may be different but mine had more wires than a communication receiver ..

1 - 2 of 2 Posts