V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you guys do to winterize your bikes? I lived in Southern California for the past 20 years, now I'm in Delaware and there is snow and ice on the ground and I'm not riding:mad:
Here is what I did:
  • Changed engine and tranny oils
  • cleaned and waxed the tins
  • Mothers on the chrome
  • Sta-bil in the gas tank

I put her in the garage and covered her with an old bedspread. I take her out once a week, start her up and bring the engine up to temp, wishing I was riding, then back in the garage.

We get the occasional 45+ degree day here, then I ride till my teeth chatter.

·
Premium Member
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Duoglide_62, a guy at work told me the same thing about running the motor once a week. Hopefully we will get some warm (40F) days so I can ride. We had a good rain Friday, so the salt has been washed off the road. I'll ride in the cold, but I won't ride on the sand/salt mix they put on the roads around here.
This same guy gave me a bottle of "black out", it's a silicone based protector for black powder coat finishes. It's from a company in Vermont called Clean Cycle Products. I'm going to use it based on his recommendation. He is one of those clean freaks, his scoot is ALWAYS immaculate.

·
Premium Member
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Ed Y, sounds like good advice.

Thanks again for taking the time to type all that.

I am going to try and ride once a week. I just got some heated gloves and it's supposed to be 48 here on Friday.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.