1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
yes it is and it sucks.

·
Premium Member
1,361 Posts
It looks like I need to finnaly break down and buy some heated cloths. Those 10 degree days last year made for short trips. Although, its always funny to watch the look on peoples faces why you ride past them.

·
Registered
394 Posts
This will be the first winter I haven't rode for several years... I feel for all y'all, but hang in there!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Yeah, winter is on its way here also.

We should be below 100 by next week.

Winters here are really bad. There are some mornings riding to work it gets down to 45.
But the ride home is around 70 or 75.

Yup, brrrrrrr

·
I haven't seen your bird.
8,499 Posts
The leaves are already starting to turn colors here. Forecast high of 57 today, with a low of 33 tonight. But it's supposed to be back in the mid-80s by next week. Fall makes some of the greatest riding weather around here, but it is a harbinger of things to come.

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
It's been in the low 40's here the past couple of days. My biggest problem is fogging face shield, especially when foggy or the air is moist.

·
Life is what you make it
3,568 Posts
Winter Sucks

·
Banned
4,508 Posts
We step into the twin cylinder, 2-cycle mode then. Gas mileage on snowmobiles is horrific. I get 9-10 on my big one! The winter goes by very fast.

·
Banned
455 Posts
detailer57 said:

Winters here are really bad. There are some mornings riding to work it gets down to 45.

Yup, brrrrrrr
zzz................

·
Free agent
795 Posts
detailer57 said:

Yup, brrrrrrr
I feel your pain!! It sucks being in 45 degree weather!! I'll have to wear shoes and a short sleve shirt now!!!

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
What's this Winter you are talking about?:hmmm:

20 minutes and I'm above the valley fog and in the sunshine!

The Southern Central Valley on 12/13 a couple years ago. Rode the Beemer up to take advantage of the twisty road.
Home is at ~400 feet, this was at ~2,000 Feet

·
Premium Member
4,701 Posts
For those of us in the upper midwest, we are just in a Canadian cold trough. It will pass, as mentioned it will be in the 80s next week. Plus, I've noticed the past couple years that the seasons seem to have been pushed back a few weeks. I've riden throughout Novenber or even Deceber a few times. Not that it's warm, but there's no snow.

For you guys in the north-east, sounds like you guys night be into the cold for the season already. Bummer!

As for you guys in the warm climates, SHUDUP! LOL!

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
winter sucks here in NY too, got my heated vest and gloves for christmas last year big difference, I really feel for the florida and AZ guys must be a real drag riding through the cool winter...................

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Gerg said:
What's this Winter you are talking about?:hmmm:

20 minutes and I'm above the valley fog and in the sunshine!

The Southern Central Valley on 12/13 a couple years ago. Rode the Beemer up to take advantage of the twisty road.
Home is at ~400 feet, this was at ~2,000 Feet
Ok greg!!! Bast.rd rub it in!!! Lmao but it aint funny its cold!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts