V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
I put baggies over exhasut with rubberband, to prevent animals from getting there. Also heard mothballs or dryer sheets keep critters away.

I have never changed oil before, but this year is due so probably will.
Been storing on lift.

I take seat in house, probably not a big deal but I worry about cracking or getting chewed on. Though neither have ever happened.

I put battery basement, but a trickle on it once over the winter.

Probably should wash it. But by the time I park it, I sure don't want to be washing it. If I get drunk enough tonight after Packer game I might.
Problem is wax doesn't work to good when cold either.

·
Ridin' & Glidin'
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
berserker said:
Been storing on lift.
I have heard different theories about this.
Years ago a job that I had was to build Army portable bridge transport trucks. After building and testing them we prepared them for long term storage and was told they would be placed on wood blocks to keep from getting flat spots on wheel bearing races. Sounded bizarre to me but I suppose it could happen.

One thing that I do is put a kickstand pad under it. I heard that you need to prevent the metal of the kickstand from contacting the ground to stop the oxidation of aluminum and corrosion especially with steel fasteners to aluminum parts.
Anybody know if there is any truth to these steps?

·
Registered
304 Posts
Storage?

I just park mine in the garage and wait a couple of days for the weather to improve. Oh...yeah, and have a full tank just in case it's a really good day. :bleh:

·
Seasoned and Baked
4,297 Posts
first thing i do is put Stabil in the tank and run it for a few minutes. Then I jack up the bike, or at the very least put wood between the tires and concrete floor. Put wax on chrome parts, but don't buff it off. Finally put a battery tender on it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts