V-Twin Forum banner

What do you do?

• Ride whenever possible and don't care about salt.

Votes: 9 15.8%
  • Ride and don't mind too much.

Votes: 6 10.5%
  • Ride and detail / wash the bike after.

Votes: 6 10.5%
  • Ride a little to keep the blues away.

Votes: 20 35.1%
  • Store it untill spring rains clean the roads.

Votes: 17 29.8%
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
4,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The Hot topic seems to be whether or not to ride in the salt. I'm not really talking about sand, because if it were only sand I'd be riding. :D
Here's just a simple poll to make it easier to see what folks do for the winter months. You can choose more than 1.

·
ORIGINAL DOOF BABE
3,954 Posts
I ride whenever possible 'cause I don't have to worry about salt down here! Heck - it's been 65 - 70 degrees and nice for the past couple weeks! Only thing I have to worry about on the road is a-holes!

Of course, when I lived in Michigan, I took her out once in awhile if the roads were clear and I didn't have her all winterized and pulled apart yet. Mostly she'd stay in the garage until springtime, which was a drag...

·
Road Captain
6,628 Posts
......now this is a poll that makes liars or scare them away........

·
Premium Member
1,394 Posts
Im riding my rig to work today. Ive been off the pegs for 3 weeks now with snow.
I just cant take it anymore!!!!!!! Its supposed to start freezing rain later in the day. I think I'll shoot her home over lunch.
HAPPY, MERRY, etc everyone!!!!!

·
Banned
4,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm with the store it crowd, BUT.....
Were supposed to get up to 18 inches tomorrow. A hell of a white X-mas !!!!!!!!! I definitely won't be out in that. :D

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
Rode a couple hours yesterday. It was about 40 degrees out and windy. The sand from other vehicles stung but the ride was worth it. Really needed to wash it after but I was'nt in the mood for cold fingers.:mad:

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
In the winter I ride if it's not snowing and if the road isn't wet and salty. I don't like salt but if it's dry I don't care too much. I just wash it a little more often.
Actually I can't see how anyone could store their bike through the winter unless you are really North and have lots of snow and ice all winter long. I would go crazy. :(
I for one couldn't go back to Ohio, too much winter for way too long. I don't know how you guys and gals do it up North. :confused:

Brian

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
Ride year around if the weather permits. Not to fond of salt or sand. Luckly to live in an area of the south where the winters aren't to extreme. Rode 5 hours Sunday, high temp. was 61.

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
Put my solo seat on yesterday and took it to the car wash for a bath. It was cold but with todays storm moving in I think it may be put away for a little more than i care to!:mad:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts