V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have finally got my bike back in the garage with all the winter mods complete. Here's the Readers Digest version; 06 Pearl Black Street Glide, Stage II 95" Big Bore kit, SE 211 Cam, SE Race Tuner, Rinehart True Duals, Chrome front end, Flamed - Slider covers, Iso-Grips, levers, Floor boards, Pegs, and Covers, "C&C Motorcycle Seats" custom flamed Fastback seat, chromed switches, covers, and master cycl. , Joker Flamed Medusa mirrors, Color matching inner fairing (without the mirrors), Wild1 Chubby bars, Lindby Highway bar, Smoked tail light, Braided lines, Flamed windshield, Flamed bag latches....... Catching the theme here... Flames and Chrome. And other little touches. It turned out sweet looking...IMHO. Still need to trim the windshield a few inches.

http://photobucket.com/albums/f199/trex_47e/Street%20Glide/

·
?????
3,531 Posts
Nice looking ride. Just by looking at the weather you have in the background of the pictures I'd be out riding the snot out of it.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Very nice FLHX. Getting ready to do some mods to my Street Glide also.
I have 2 questions for you: How do you like the Chubby 575 handlebars compared to stock?? How do you like the seat from C&C? Was planning on going with the 575's and a seat from C&C. I would probably go with a little wider/bigger passenger seating area. Is it a comfortable seat? Thanks for any info...............

·
Registered
67 Posts
Nice Scoot.

I am awaiting mine...hopefully Feb.

I agree, windshield could be cut down a little, to give the sleek look.

:woohoo:

PS. Why did you change mirrors? Couldn't see or cosmetic?

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
Did you take the pin stripping off the bags and fairing? I like it all black like that. Is a lot of flames, you must have part every accesory in the HD catalog.
Hope you don't regret taking the rear engine guard off.

·
Premium Member
4,701 Posts
berserker said:
Did you take the pin stripping off the bags and fairing? I like it all black like that. Is a lot of flames, you must have part every accesory in the HD catalog.
Hope you don't regret taking the rear engine guard off.

The FLHX doesn't have stripes or rear engine gaurds.

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
gliderman said:
Very nice FLHX. Getting ready to do some mods to my Street Glide also.
I have 2 questions for you: How do you like the Chubby 575 handlebars compared to stock?? How do you like the seat from C&C? Was planning on going with the 575's and a seat from C&C. I would probably go with a little wider/bigger passenger seating area. Is it a comfortable seat? Thanks for any info...............
Chubbys.....wider and higher stance. Up and out. It's a more comfotable ride for me.

C&C seat.....I love it. Nice company to work with. I love the seat, very comfortable. I have never had a Corbin to compare it to. But I like the look and feel.

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
103FLHX said:
Nice Scoot.

I am awaiting mine...hopefully Feb.

I agree, windshield could be cut down a little, to give the sleek look.

:woohoo:

PS. Why did you change mirrors? Couldn't see or cosmetic?
Change out the mirrors for two reasons. #1) I didn't think the visibility was very good to start with, with the fairing mounted mirror. That's just my opinion. #2) With the Wild1 bars, all I would see would have been my hands thru the fairing mounted mirrors. Wider bars.

I am very pleased with the handlebar mounted mirrors. Not your average look for a Street Glide.

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
hdmarsh77 said:
The FLHX doesn't have stripes or rear engine gaurds.
I like the solid black, clean look.

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
nt30 said:
trex,

What taillight did you go with? Any pics?

(Picking mine up in March!)
I went with the Kuryakyn lowprofile, smoked lens. You can see pictures of it thru my link.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts