V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I like using the late winter months to work on the bike before rolling it out in the spring. With the unseasonably warm weather we've been having around here, I have to remind myself that we're still in the month of January!

Because of the weather, I've choosen my projects and rounded up my parts a little earlier than usual. I'm pretty excited; it's hard to not go out right now and start working! But I want to wait and have the bike dyno'd first. Last time I had it done, I had installed a SE air box w/ K&N filter, re-jetted my stock carb w/ 45-180, and slapped on some 1 3/4" drag pipes. Pumped out 70hp and 75tq. Since then, I changed out the drag pipes w/ SE Pro II slip-ons, but never dyno'd it again. So with the 50 degree weekends, why haven't I had it dyno'd yet? Knee surgery six weeks ago. Can't ride yet... :crying:

Alright, so I've got the parts piled up here: Andrews N4 cams, an 883 27 tooth front sprocket, and an SE ignotion module. Added to what I've already got, I'm hoping to hit the high 70's/low 80's on HP, and maybe a little better on TQ. Are my expectations too high?

Thoughts, suggestions?

·
Banned
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sprocket/speedo calibration

I'm almost done; the cams are in and the engine is put back together. The ICM is plugged in and ready. All I have left if the front sprocket, and then I can put the pipes back on.

But I thought of something today: if I change my 29 tooth and install the 27 tooth, will it screw up my speedo/odometer??

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
Homarr said:
But I thought of something today: if I change my 29 tooth and install the 27 tooth, will it screw up my speedo/odometer??
:yes: It will be off. The dealer can recalibrate it for ya.

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts

·
Banned
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
jockeyshift said:
:yes: It will be off. The dealer can recalibrate it for ya.
*grrr* dealers...

Thanks again jockey :D

·
Banned
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cursed winter!

I knew this would happen; I'm about 90% done, and the weather has gone to hell. I started two weekends ago, on Saturday I got everything apart, and on Sunday I got everything put back together except the front sprocket cover and mufflers.

*Argh* Cover the sprocket, slip the muffs on, oil up, and then FINALLY I can start it! Once it gets warmer. Stupid winter...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts