V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems I didn't get much for Christmas, but my 02 Electra Glide Classic sure got lots of jewelery.

Its 27F today in Toronto / Canada, and I desided to play in the garage today and help my baby put on her new jewelery. (You know how difficult it can be to put that stuff on all by yourself)

Chrome Billet Derby Cover: 25501-01 - Remember to get a new gasket!
Voltage Regulator Cover: 74543-00 - Piece of cake
Skull Fender Skirt: 59582-02 - Tiny little friggen screws!
Skull Fender Tip Lens Kit: 59651-01 - Nice touch
HD Caliper Inserts: 44476-99 - Hope that double sided tape holds up
Headlamp Trim Ring: 69627-99 - weird installation
Passing Light Trim Rings: 69622-99A - Nice addition - easy install
Chrome Headbolt Cover: 43858-00 - Excellent look - need smaller hands
HD Battery Tebder Jr: 94654-98 - Alarm can now stay on
Kuryakyn Deluxe Inner Primary Cover: 8294 - Favorite Piece
Kuryakyn Cylinder Base Cover: 8137 - Second Favorite Piece

All in all, I'd say she did quite nicely, and I am planning on taking a few shots, since its all been installed.

http://community.webshots.com/user/hdcruiser

I have to say the Headlamp trim ring was by far the most awkward to install, and the headbolt covers are a great addition to the cylinders, however if you need to change your spark plugs in a hurry, forget it! Its to tight a fit for any standard tool I own. I had to use the special allen tool provided by HD, which allows you to rotate while turning. (Not me - the tool)

The skull fender skirt is a nice piece, but it would help if I had a third hand to hold it in place while placing the tiny little screws!

The Kuryakyn stuff is excellent quality... I'd recommend these pieces to anyone, and the HD stuff is just as nice!

So... Whats next!! Any ideas... I need some ideas on dressing up the other side of the motor!

Rob

·
Ridge Rider
435 Posts
Try the Kuryakyn Hot Sleeves and Hot Toppers. You'll be amazed the difference it makes in the looks of the Primary and Transmission covers.

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
Hey Stingray........

that "Basic Black" bike in your webshots looks really familiar and so does that house. :cool:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Its a collection of my favorite Harley's until I get out and take a few more updated pictures of my bike. It, at times is also a collection of the trip I go on and people I meet.

If the basic black bike is yours and you'd like it removed, just let me know.

Rob

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
Just thought it was cool to see my bike somewhere out there. No problem here. :D
And thanks for the compliment.

Brian

1 - 9 of 9 Posts