V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a windshield that I can see over rather that one that you have to look through - like the one on my 02 Heritage. I've been riding in the rain and can't see a thing. I guess I'm accustomed to the fairing type of shield which offers protection but at an angle that you can see over. It's hard to tell from the different adds on windshields how laid back they are -- the only information they give is the hight. Although I have never asked a question before I have already gotten great information about other products by reading the different forums. You guys are a great support group for a new , and proud, Harley owner. Thanks

·
Registered
123 Posts
windscreen on my 02-FLHT

Also did not like the height of the windscreen on my 02-FLHT. Replacements appeared to be about $100, and came in 2 inch increments. After attempting to lower mine myself ¾ inch, I brought it to a good glass shop here. He has made some off the wall stuff for me before. He’s making me a replacement, 1 ¼ lower then the OEM, for $40. I don’t want it so low that it offers no protection, but hate looking through the edge of the damn thing. And for $40, I have something I can hack the hell out of, and find just the thing I want. Also comes in about 100 different tints, although clear works well for me. I’ll let you know the effect / quality when pick it up Sat. (although I do not expect to get some road time till next week as they are talking snow for the weekend). If it works out well, you can ping me and i will pass along his address / number.

·
Registered
53 Posts
windshield

I've got the O2 Fatboy and the shorter windscreen that the dealer offered. I only got the shorter one cause it has a slightly smoked look that matched my Pearl White Fatboy. Glad I did. I'm 6'1" Buena suerte, Dan NM

·
Registered
123 Posts
The new windshield was finished, and the weatherman cooperated, can’t believe the improvement. Custom windshield looks like factory, cost less then $40, and, at 1.25 in less then stock, works fantastic.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts